researcher; investigator; software program for file management
journey
likelihood
explorer
strike

Phrase: Can you buy my some Vanilla ice cream?

Meaning of deck | What does the "push the envelope" mean?
Phrase: Can you buy my some Vanilla ice cream? #1 (permalink) Tue Jan 27, 2009 17:40 pm   Phrase: Can you buy my some Vanilla ice cream?

Her mom said that she was going to go to the store to pick up some food for dinner. She asked her mom as her mom was leaving, "Can I make a .........? Can you buy my some Vanilla ice cream while you're there?"

(a) order
(b) list
(c) plan
(d) request

Her mom said that she was going to go to the store to pick up some food for dinner. She asked her mom as her mom was leaving, "Can I make a request? Can you buy my some Vanilla ice cream while you're there?"

Correct answer: (d) request

_________________________

I think that's an error in the clause ' Can you buy my some Vanilla ice cream', it should be ' Can you buy me...'
Zishuli

Location: Malaysia

Phrase: Can you buy my some Vanilla ice cream? #2 (permalink) Tue Jan 27, 2009 20:08 pm   Phrase: Can you buy my some Vanilla ice cream?

Yes, you're right. That's a typo - it should read "Can you buy me some .....?"
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Usage of "A premature overabundance"What's the difference between tone and voice?I'm always up in the clouds. Where is my mind?!"market research" to Georgianwhat does the word toddler mean?What 'violent' in Vietnames mean?what does acommodation mean?freeze vs frostExpression: He is really gutsyThe crossover point is that production quantity where...what does 'bite his hand off' meanthe letter of the law?Origin of the idiom 'no cigar'?