to cede; to surrender; to give up; to forsake; to abandon
seek
relinquish
move
postpone

How to use this forum?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

ESL Forum | New ESL Forum Member?
Hello! This is Dimitri from Brazil! I Wanna make friends! | Speaking English and making friends! Here is Lorena from Romania
How to use this forum? #31 (permalink) Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:37 am   How to use this forum?

Hi torsten,
I'm Margaret Odoom Fynn. I'm a Ghanaian. I work with a stevedore company as an Accountant.
Thank you very much for your lessons. I will be greatefull if you can help me improve my English speaking and be more fluent. hope to hearing from you very soon. goodbye
margaret Odoom Fynn
Fynn

How to use this forum? #32 (permalink) Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:44 am   How to use this forum?

HI Torsten
please I want to choose a partner from your forum that I can chat with to inprove my English speaking.
Thanks for your cooperation.
margaret Odoom Fynn
Fynn

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
How to use this forum? #33 (permalink) Mon Feb 23, 2009 14:15 pm   How to use this forum?

Hallo Torsten,
Thanks for the greak job you are doing in helping us improve our English skills.
Many thanks,
Monicah.
Monicah

Don't need to worry #34 (permalink) Mon Feb 23, 2009 14:34 pm   Don't need to worry

Hi Ravipa,
I am not a special couch like Torsten and others, but I think I can help you to some extent. Sure thing, why not, you will improve your English sooner than later. But, you must be active, curious, interested in English all the time. You have to be regular in this virtual classroom and you must not be afraid to ask any kind of questions. You can contact me (plus others) here on this forum almost everyday.
Regarding your spoken English, you must keep on recording your messages and listen to others as well. Torsten is very friendly and helpful. Just keep on coming on this Forum more often than not (again and again).
Your English is good but here you have made some spelling mistakes and the sentence structure. That's all and it's up to you to choose your guide.

Noren
(Now in NEPAL)

My yahoo ID: noren13
_________________
A person who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
Noren

Location: NEPAL

How to use this forum? #35 (permalink) Mon Feb 23, 2009 15:27 pm   How to use this forum?

Hello Noren,
I am Chayanoote from Thailand. I have been living in England for over 2 years. My English is a lot better than I was. However, I would like to enhance my English more and more in order to achieve a Band 7 pass in the IELTS exam which is really difficult for me, if I pass I will be able to register a nurse in the UK. Could you please give me some advice ?
Chayanoote

Don't need to worry #36 (permalink) Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:41 am   Don't need to worry

Hi Noren,
Thanks you very much that you'll help me. I try to log into this website as much as I can. I need some equipment if I will join virtual classroom. That's good idea and it may be the best way to talk and listen to other person what they are saying. I must ask someone how I can join virtual classroom or you can suggest what I can do. I do not know much in computer accessories and program. :lol:
In case, you find my mistakes, it would be great if you frankly tell me. I am able to improve my English more and more if there is someone pointing me what mistakes are.
Glad to know you here and keep in touch :D
bye
Ravipa
Ravipa

Location: Thailand

How to use this forum? #37 (permalink) Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:44 am   How to use this forum?

Hi Chayanoote,
Glad to know Thai people here. I wish you can pass your exam easily.
cheer!
Ravipa
Ravipa

Location: Thailand

Don't need to worry #38 (permalink) Tue Feb 24, 2009 14:01 pm   Don't need to worry

Hi Ravipa,
Thanks a lot to your response. Your English is excellent. We are human beings not robots. Tell you what "A person who doesn't make mistakes usually doesn't make anything." Actually, in your last message, I detected spelling errors and that may have been by your typing or should I say mechanical errors. Well, there's soon going to be load shedding and I need to be fast and log out of here.
Thank you very much Ravipa, it really is my pleasure to be your friend.

Noren Lee
From the land of Mt. Everest
_________________
Noren

Location: NEPAL

How to use this forum? #39 (permalink) Tue Feb 24, 2009 14:26 pm   How to use this forum?

Attn: Ravipa (Thailand)
Can you give me your email address or any contact numbers if you don't mind? It's up to you to choose public or a private message box? I would like to talk with you in English. If you want my contact stuff then feel free to ask. Thanks

Noren Lee

PS: Why haven't you mentioned your occupation and interests? Just curious.
_________________
Noren

Location: NEPAL

How to use this forum? #40 (permalink) Tue Feb 24, 2009 15:11 pm   How to use this forum?

Hi Torsten!
Thanks for your help.
Best regards,
Vickypham
Vickypham

How to use this forum? #41 (permalink) Tue Feb 24, 2009 16:00 pm   How to use this forum?

hi torsten!

I am jun from the philippines. i have already signed up in this forum many weeks ago and i am glad to open this site regularly to learn some of the english lessons it provide. i would like to ask if you could also provide correct english grammar conversation online or on the telephone and during job interviews. i am having a hard time looking for a job because of job interviews. i have not seem to correct my answers for every question thrown upon me during a job interview. job interview is actually my weakest point! please help me with my problem!

i am looking forward for your reply for this.

thank you
Nolijrp

How to use this forum? #42 (permalink) Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:28 am   How to use this forum?

Hi Sir Torsten,

I am Josh from the Philippines. I joined the forum and your free english course primarily to cultivate my english skills - that includes writing and speaking. I am a college student, 18 years of age, and a musician. I want to speak english fluently without having to think for a short while of the next word to continue expressing my thoughts. I want to write without difficulty in expressing my thoughts and be able to jot the most appropriate words of certain situations. I would love to see my myself in the future as an author of a handful of books. Thank you.
Josh19

How to use this forum? #43 (permalink) Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:40 am   How to use this forum?

Hi my name is Yonas. Originily from
Ethipoia, I have lived in USA since 2004. I am an accountant and I got my CPA. However, I have a big problem of speaking in and listening to english. I have no any idea how to improve this weakness.
Yonfifi

How to use this forum? #44 (permalink) Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:03 am   How to use this forum?

please to meet you.Im a student.Im from VietNam.learning english is very important with me.can you help me!
Quyenquyen

How to use this forum? #45 (permalink) Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:32 pm   How to use this forum?

Hi Ravipa

Nice to meet you too, we can chat on MSN if you do not mind. My id is oh_o789@hotmail.com. so you can add me as a contact, see you soon.

Tacke care

Chayanoote
Chayanoote

ESL Forum | New ESL Forum Member? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
IntroductionWhat is the English word for a life of full things, a family of full happinessUse of listening transcript 10 with due source attributionnew member,hello everyone!A new Member who needs helpA question regarding "Preparation forum for the GRE®® Test"!Hi everyone!Thinking & Speaking in Englishbig hello to everyoneMeet with writer, blogger Rizwan Ahmed MemonNever wanted to be uncivil. I was extremely upset. I'm sorrycollecting criminals across the cityHi Friends