to suppose; to hypothesize; to conjecture
reach
disembark
guess
alternate

How to use this forum?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

ESL Forums | New ESL Forum Member?
Hello! This is Dimitri from Brazil! I Wanna make friends! | Speaking English and making friends! Here is Lorena from Romania
How to use this forum? #676 (permalink) Tue Apr 27, 2010 20:14 pm   How to use this forum?

Hi Rinky, you need to do all of these exercises: http://www.english-test.net/toefl/listening/

TOEIC short conversations: Personal assistant discusses scheduling for upcoming project meeting.

How to use this forum? #677 (permalink) Tue Apr 27, 2010 20:31 pm   How to use this forum?

Thanks Torsten... I'm doing it... I need materials regarding reading section too..
Rinky

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
How to use this forum? #678 (permalink) Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:24 am   How to use this forum?

Dear Torsten Daerr,

The problems of audio players

I regret to tell you that the TOEIC Listening Exercises (Part IV) were out of order the day before yesterday, so I was unable to do my assignment. In fact, I tried checking some others ranging from Part I to Part IV and TOEFL, but they were also out of order except Part I—Photograph 1 of Listening 1. Then, I did the Photograph 1, and it was updated accordingly in the Progress Report.

Yesterday, I wanted to continue to listen to the exercises of Part IV, but I managed to complete one exercise only because the exercises that followed were also out of order. As a result, I tried others by repeating Part II but managed to complete two exercises despite the fact that the audio players were not functioning properly. Sad to say, the next one that followed in Part II was also out of order. Because of the breakdown, I tried the Photograph 2 of Listening 1 under Part I and managed to complete it, and its result was recorded in my Progress Report.

The main problem of the audio players I found was that they were always buffering and halting during the first play times. I hope that you will look into the problems of buffering and stopping and the problems of breakdowns since they were time-consuming obstacles.

Best wishes,
Bhikkhu1991a.
Bhikkhu1991a

How to use this forum? #679 (permalink) Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:40 am   How to use this forum?

Hi, Torsten !
My name is Samuel. I am from Indonesia. Thank you for giving me a lot of lesson in my email. I actually feel guilty because i am not an active student, especially for joining this forum. I know my English is far away from well, but i try my best to learn much harder. I hope you always teach me willingly.
Samuel Purba

How to use this forum? #680 (permalink) Fri Apr 30, 2010 14:37 pm   How to use this forum?

Hi my real name is Esther I just like the name Satarah because it sounds nice. Anyway it has the same meaning of Esther which is star. I'm glad my best friend recommended me English-Test.net I think this is one of the best forums to learn English. I want to improve my English since at work I don't get to talk much in English and that's a disadvantage since I don't get to practice it. Thank you.
Satarah_Hadassah

Location: Philippines

NEWBIE #681 (permalink) Sat May 01, 2010 13:17 pm   NEWBIE

Hello everyone! I'm Roselle from the Philippines! I'm a new member here and I'm so glad I found this site. I hope it's not too late yet for me to learn. I'll be having my toefl-ibt this coming Saturday and I feel stressed thinking about it. It would be my second time to take the test. Although my scores were high on the reading, listening and writing, I need 26 on the speaking part. I only got 24 on my first take. I'm praying and hoping that I get at least 26 this time. I have a problem with question 4 and 6 on the speaking part. You see, these 2 questions require me to take down notes and I can't just do it. I just can't keep with the lecture coz I write slowly. What do you think should I do? Thank you!
SamReese

How to use this forum? #682 (permalink) Sun May 02, 2010 21:04 pm   How to use this forum?

Dear Torsten:
I am Maria de Calvo of Alajuela-Costa Rica.
I need to you give me any explanation about the differerence
between the verbs: told-said and shut-closed, because when
I made the tests I had any mistakes.
I am grateful with you, because you sent. where I find the Question Forum.
Mariadecalvo

How to use this forum? #683 (permalink) Sun May 02, 2010 21:32 pm   How to use this forum?

Hello Maria,

If you work through the test again, you will see a little tab next to the questions where it says, "click here for an explanation". This gives you more information about the verbs. It should help you understand where you went wrong.
_________________

How to use this forum? #684 (permalink) Mon May 03, 2010 14:11 pm   How to use this forum?

Hello everybody!
I'm Marianna or Marianne which is easier to pronounce in English.I am Bulgarian. I've been a member for a year now , but I haven't recorded my voice yet. Unfortunately I've never studied English among native speakers, so my accent is not very good, understandable and clear, but I don't like it. I've started learning English among French classmates with a french teacher and later I continued in Bulgaria. I want so much to improve my pronunciation, but I don't think it's possible because I'm 48 . Anyway I'll do my best. as far as my listening comprehension is concerned, I can understand Torsten and the recorded exercises very well, but I find it difficult to understand Alan.
Talk to you soon
Mkosseva

Location: Bulgaria

How to use this forum? #685 (permalink) Mon May 03, 2010 22:33 pm   How to use this forum?

Dear Torsten:

I am Maria de calvo.
I can't find the explanation about the verbs.
I applied his recommendation.
I sorry...
Mariadecalvo

How to use this forum? #686 (permalink) Mon May 03, 2010 23:30 pm   How to use this forum?

Maria, don't be sorry.
I'll try to explain a little clearer.

When you go to the page where the questions are, the question is inside a white box on the page.
At the top of the box, look for these phrases:
all words TOP 100 Listen to the answers Forum Dictionaries
Look across a little further to the words:
Click Here for Explanation
When you click on those words, you will find some messages about the question.
_________________

How to use this forum? #687 (permalink) Tue May 04, 2010 13:15 pm   How to use this forum?

Hi, Torsten! My name is Jairo. I am from Brasil, the State is Goiás and live in Anápolis, Country side that is located between Brasília The capital of Brasil, and Goiânia the capital of the State on the map. I want to improve my English, principally speak, and talk with people without fear. I hope in English-Test.net I"ll get it. Thank You.
Jairozan

Location: Anápolis Goiás Brazil

How to use this forum? #688 (permalink) Tue May 04, 2010 14:13 pm   How to use this forum?

Hi torsten!

I'm anom from Bali,
first of all, i just want to say this english website is really helpful for me,
this english site could provide me with so many english materials, that i need for my english improvement.
i was regularly sent so many update of english lessons,
and there are some other english materials available also for our own review,

however Torsten, i was just wondering if i could send private mail to one of forum members??
Nomuu_San

Location: Bali, Indonesia

How to use this forum? #689 (permalink) Tue May 04, 2010 15:26 pm   How to use this forum?

Hello Anom,

You can use the private message facility to send private message to a forum member. If you wish you can then exchange email addresses where no-one else can see them.
If you are looking at a message written by someone you want to contact privately, click on their underlined nickname on the right of the screen.
You will see their profile, and on the left is a private message (pm) button.

If you receive a PM, then on top of every page (near the progress link) is the statement you have -- unread messages. Click this link to go to your inbox.
_________________

How to use this forum? #690 (permalink) Sat May 08, 2010 9:12 am   How to use this forum?

Hi Torsten,
I'm Maryam from Iran,
I've passed some English courses but I can't speak fluently.
How can I improve my listening and speaking?
Although I've flash player but i can't listen to Sue's recording.could you help me please?
Maryam1

Location: Iran-ramsar

ESL Forums | New ESL Forum Member? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
IntroductionWhat is the English word for a life of full things, a family of full happinessUse of listening transcript 10 with due source attributionnew member,hello everyone!A new Member who needs helpA question regarding "Preparation forum for the GRE®® Test"!Hi everyone!Thinking & Speaking in Englishbig hello to everyoneMeet with writer, blogger Rizwan Ahmed MemonNever wanted to be uncivil. I was extremely upset. I'm sorrycollecting criminals across the cityHi Friends