routine; course of action; advance; summons to court
process
capitalization
explorer
warehouse

Hi, from Canada. My name is Karl Ayotte. I'm 19...

ESL Forums | New ESL Forum Member?
I am new here, what's up guys? | Newbie here. I'm Miquel, I live in Barcelona, Spain
Hi, from Canada. My name is Karl Ayotte. I'm 19... #1 (permalink) Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:20 am   Hi, from Canada. My name is Karl Ayotte. I'm 19...

Hey, my name is Karl Ayotte I'm 19, I live in Canada, but french part and surprisingly most peopple around here doesn't speak english much. And I found this forum this afternoon and decided to register, it's huge and it'll help me and there are people from everywhere as well which is always interesting. Im mostly here to improve english speaking as i cant ever practice, I'm better then i thought at it, but it's something really want to improve in the next few months. I might move to an english city for university and also masterize english.

So well I thought this could be a good place to improve and maybe meet new people.
Kostitsyn

Hi, from Canada. My name is Karl Ayotte. I'm 19... #2 (permalink) Thu Jan 29, 2009 15:47 pm   Hi, from Canada. My name is Karl Ayotte. I'm 19...

Dear Karl Ayotte,

Thank you very much for joining our forum. It's interesting to hear that a Canadian wants to improve his English speaking skills and I really look forward to hearing your voice. I take it your first language is French? What languages did you learn at school and what do you do now? Are you a student or do have a job?

Talk to you soon,

PS: Did I pronounce your family name correctly?

TOEIC listening, photographs: At the kindergarten

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Hi, from Canada. My name is Karl Ayotte. I'm 19... #3 (permalink) Thu Jan 29, 2009 16:21 pm   Hi, from Canada. My name is Karl Ayotte. I'm 19...

Yeah my first language is French. I also learned english, but english class aren't very good. I had really good grade and then i came on the internet thinking i was pretty decent i was awful. I improved since, but ESL class are bad around here. As for school/job, i dropped out school 3-4 years ago and i'm working since a year and a half, but I'm not working right now for some reason and well during that time I decided to go back to school, finish high school and then go to college/university and do something I like rather then just get a paycheck to pay the bills.

And yes you pronounced my name correctly, unlike alot of people calls Karl Ayottay which is pretty!

Kostitsyn

Hi, from Canada. My name is Karl Ayotte. I'm 19... #4 (permalink) Thu Jan 29, 2009 17:54 pm   Hi, from Canada. My name is Karl Ayotte. I'm 19...

Hello Karl Ayotte,
I am very much glad to know that you are from Canada and would like to meet new people aside from improving English. In which city of Canada you live? Can you tell me (us) something about yourself in brief if you don't mind? My name is Noren Lee and I am from Nepal, where the Mt. Everest lies. South Asia. I have improved a lot from this Forum and so you can. This is the perfect Site for you. There are a lot of friendly and helpful members, moderators, instructors etc. to help you around the clock (24/7). If you have any questions or confusion in English usage, post them here and in a little while your problems will be solved. Besides this, you will be able to make a lot of friends with people from all around the world and exchange their background, traditions, ethnicity, customs, way of life, languages, profession etc. with yours. You will connect with the world. Looking forward to your response.

Your new buddy
Noren Lee
NEPAL
<noren13@yahoo.com>
<dinel_drn@wlink.com.np>
_________________
A person who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
Noren

Location: NEPAL

Hi, from Canada. My name is Karl Ayotte. I'm 19... #5 (permalink) Thu Jan 29, 2009 18:05 pm   Hi, from Canada. My name is Karl Ayotte. I'm 19...

Hi Noran.
I don't really need help for anything, I use forum on a daily basis since 3 or 4 years. It's more about trying to masterize it, the hardest part of learning english. I don't know exactly what I need to work on, but I know I can get better.

As for myself, I live near Montreal, about 100KM away. I'm a huge Hockey fan. As I said I dropped out from school before my high school is done. It's been quite a good decision I think because it helped me improve english alot and I needed some time off at the time, now I'm going back to school and would like to pursue a journalism career maybe. I might move to Vancouver or some place near Toronto for University. That way I'd have to speak english every day and do school work in english, etc... And I want to see other things, I'm quite bored of leaving around here.
Kostitsyn

Hi, from Canada. My name is Karl Ayotte. I'm 19... #6 (permalink) Thu Jan 29, 2009 19:12 pm   Hi, from Canada. My name is Karl Ayotte. I'm 19...

Hi Karl,
Thank you very much for the information you provided. Just like you, I am very much interested in Journalism. You may or may not know; My country is an underdeveloped country but it's rich in nature. As far as I know, people from all over the world, mostly from North America, Europe, Down Under, come to Nepal for trekking, rafting, and of course to explore the Himalayas. There are lots of mountains, rivers, lakes, forests etc. The tallest mountain in the world is in Nepal. Needless to say, it's Mt. Everest. Buddha was born here. Well, this much for now. May be more later.

Noren
NEPAL
(Freelancer)
_________________
Noren

Location: NEPAL

Hi, from Canada. My name is Karl Ayotte. I'm 19... #7 (permalink) Thu Jan 29, 2009 19:13 pm   Hi, from Canada. My name is Karl Ayotte. I'm 19...

Hi Karl,

Noren
NEPAL
(Freelancer)
_________________
Noren

Location: NEPAL

Noren here__ Voice #8 (permalink) Thu Jan 29, 2009 19:30 pm   Noren here__ Voice

Hi Torsten,
I will record my voice as soon as I buy a microphone. Perhaps, next week. Thanks for your concern.

Noren
NEPAL
_________________
Noren

Location: NEPAL

Hi, from Canada. My name is Karl Ayotte. I'm 19... #9 (permalink) Thu Jan 29, 2009 19:44 pm   Hi, from Canada. My name is Karl Ayotte. I'm 19...

You guys should be able to hear my voice next week-end maybe. Looking forward to hearing yours Noren.
Kostitsyn

ESL Forums | New ESL Forum Member? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
I am Tekla from GeorgiaHello! My name is William, I am from Nicaragua...Hi from Moscow! I'm Damir and I've been teaching general and business English...I am Kehkshan and I want to learn speak EnglishNew Member: I'm Chilean, I'm studying English from here for improving...I want a better life for Americawhats the best part of life?All truth about Russia. SibiriaTesting. I'm Jorge, and I'm doing a testHello! this is Atyaf from Syria :)Hello! I am Fahim from Iran. I would like to improve my English...New Member: My name is Sok Sorphoan. I am very happy to join and practice EnglishHello! I'm a new Joinee. I'm Meena from India but living and working in London...