immediately following; the moment that; as soon as
either
although
except
directly

You could hear the sound of great activity

The black sheep of the family | She has been lying
You could hear the sound of great activity #1 (permalink) Wed Jun 01, 2005 20:10 pm   You could hear the sound of great activity

Test No. incompl/inter-26 "The Ants and the Grasshopper", question 1

One winter's day when the sun was shining you could hear the ......... of great activity.

(a) move
(b) sound
(c) moving
(d) sounding

Test No. incompl/inter-26 "The Ants and the Grasshopper", answer 1

One winter's day when the sun was shining you could hear the sound of great activity.

Correct answer: (b) sound
_________________________

What is the correct answer?
Ann

You could hear the sound of great activity #2 (permalink) Wed Jun 01, 2005 20:58 pm   You could hear the sound of great activity

...you could hear the sound of great activity.

TOEIC listening, photographs: An airline cockpit

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of 'hither and thither'Meaning of "troubleshooter"Meaning of 'petty cash'Meaning of 'as dry as a bone'Leave me aloneDifference between 'funnier' and 'more fun'Meaning of 'hot line'Anyone who arrived after that timeHe intended to fly across the channelDifference between have told and have been toldDifference between liberty and freedomDifference between impervious and impenetrableMeaning of abbreviated