person who presides over court trials; arbiter; expert; critic
order
procurement
halt
judge

Hi from Moscow! I'm Damir and I've been teaching general and business English...

ESL Forums | New ESL Forum Member?
Hello! I am Fahim from Iran. I would like to improve my English... | Hello! My name is William, I am from Nicaragua...
Hi from Moscow! I'm Damir and I've been teaching general and business English... #1 (permalink) Fri Jan 30, 2009 16:11 pm   Hi from Moscow! I'm Damir and I've been teaching general and business English...

Privet! I'm Damir and I come from Moscow. I've been teaching general and business English for 10 years. Recently I've decided to start a website where I could upload interesting activities for my students. It's a place to share travel impressions and enjoy studying English. I guess you might be also interested, so Welcome to join :) travelbtm.com
Damir77

Hi from Moscow! I'm Damir and I've been teaching general and business English... #2 (permalink) Fri Jan 30, 2009 19:14 pm   Hi from Moscow! I'm Damir and I've been teaching general and business English...

Hi Damir welcome to the forum.

As a big Hockey fan I've always been interested in Russia. I knew some guy from Belarus and he's a teacher there and he told me it's really hard to teach english over there because most people aren't interested in learning this language. How hard is it for you?

So, welcome aboard, you should enjoy your time here.
Kostitsyn

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Hi from Moscow! I'm Damir and I've been teaching general and business English... #3 (permalink) Fri Jan 30, 2009 19:44 pm   Hi from Moscow! I'm Damir and I've been teaching general and business English...

Hi, Kostitsyn.
I don't know about Belarus, I can only tell you about the students i work with
I should add that I teach to adults from 20 to 60. I've never seen lack of interest. Those who understand they aren't ready to spend time on attending classes and doing homework just give up the idea soon.
I have students who're just not organized and can't manage their time properly to follow my recommendations, attend all the classes and do homework. But they ARE interested. They sometimes look tired because of hard day at work, problems with their family. There're also slow people. But for all my students studying English is fun, communication - it's a hobby they enjoy. Maybe I'm just a lucky teacher :D And I'm sure a lot depends on the teacher. It's our task to motivate students, show them the beauty of the language and opportunities it gives. We should inspire our students to study it. I believe it's our task to create hospitable and friendly atmosphere
And if you manage to do that - no lack of interest.
Regards :wink:
Damir77

Hi from Moscow! I'm Damir and I've been teaching general and business English... #4 (permalink) Fri Jan 30, 2009 20:17 pm   Hi from Moscow! I'm Damir and I've been teaching general and business English...

Ah, alright it's different you're teaching to adult that decided to learn english while he's teaching kids that are forced to. Different ballpark altogether. From what I saw he was a pretty good teacher, but he said alot of his students didn't care at all.

I'm myself finishing high school as an adult, I'm 19 and it's totally different then it was at high school.
Kostitsyn

Hi from Moscow! I'm Damir and I've been teaching general and business English... #5 (permalink) Fri Jan 30, 2009 20:31 pm   Hi from Moscow! I'm Damir and I've been teaching general and business English...

Well, I worked with children for 2 years and I'd say it's more difficult to work with children in terms of motivation.
But again it's possible to make children interested. Children aren't supposed to have any motivation when they start studying. It's our main task to make them interested. If they are they study with more passion than adults :D
Do you remember school subjects you were interested in and those who taught you those subjects?
Damir77

Hi from Moscow! I'm Damir and I've been teaching general and business English... #6 (permalink) Fri Jan 30, 2009 20:42 pm   Hi from Moscow! I'm Damir and I've been teaching general and business English...

Hi Damir, I'm Mapet from the Philippines. I think teaching is one of the most noble professions in the world. I remember how my passion for the English language started. It was in fourth grade. My teacher was very strict yet very passionate. She taught us the language through poems and songs and dances. It was amazing. Until now I still regard her as one of the best mentors I've ever had in my life. So kudos to you and to all the teachers in the world. Keep up the good work and continue inspiring young minds.:)
Mapet

Location: Philippines

Hi from Moscow! I'm Damir and I've been teaching general and business English... #7 (permalink) Fri Jan 30, 2009 21:19 pm   Hi from Moscow! I'm Damir and I've been teaching general and business English...

Thanks a lot, Mapet :D
Damir77

ESL Forums | New ESL Forum Member? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Hi all! This is Lokesh from India...life is loveNew guest here! I'm Fatima from Morocco and it is my first time to be...Ciaosu! Gixa here! Right now I'm trying to learn Japanese...I am Tekla from GeorgiaA pleasant day to everyone! I'm Mapet from the Philippines. I think...Hello! My name is El3yadi I hope learn English. I hope speaket well and fast...I am Kehkshan and I want to learn speak EnglishHi, from Canada. My name is Karl Ayotte. I'm 19...New Member: I'm Chilean, I'm studying English from here for improving...All truth about Russia. SibiriaHello! this is Atyaf from Syria :)New Member: My name is Sok Sorphoan. I am very happy to join and practice English