to straighten; to flatten; to make even; to equalize
assort
content
level
sample

What's the difference between tone and voice?

Usage of "A premature overabundance" | I'm always up in the clouds. Where is my mind?!
What's the difference between tone and voice? #1 (permalink) Fri Jan 30, 2009 21:53 pm   What's the difference between tone and voice?

Business Idiom in English, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #63 "How to agree", question 6

I'm pleased to say that we speak on this matter with one ..........

(a) sound
(b) tone
(c) harmony
(d) voice

ESL/EFL Test #63 "How to agree", answer 6

I'm pleased to say that we speak on this matter with one voice.

Correct answer: (d) voice
_________________________

We say in one 'tone' but with one 'voice', I supose, don't we?
Ecaterina

What's the difference between tone and voice? #2 (permalink) Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:41 am   What's the difference between tone and voice?

.
Here, the idiom is 'with one voice', which means 'all in agreement'-- we all express the same opinion.
.
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
You're a gun!Money is no object?What does 'a will' mean?The females lay eggs?Went to his maker?"market research" to Georgianwhat does the word toddler mean?Phrase: Can you buy my some Vanilla ice cream?What does the "push the envelope" mean?Why not say: 'I have bought tickets for Friday.'?'as a joke' vs 'as joking'Meaning of porkMeaning of deck