Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

money in the form of coins and bank notes
carpet
alternative
cash
call
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

How many nouns here? 'A picture paints a thousand words.'

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
weed vs. toss | The Sistine Chapel in Italy?
listening exercises
How many nouns here? 'A picture paints a thousand words.' #1 (permalink) Mon Feb 02, 2009 14:31 pm   How many nouns here? 'A picture paints a thousand words.'

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #279 "English Slang Idioms (1)", question 1

I could try to describe it for you, but it would be easier to draw it, since a picture ......... a thousand words.

(a) frames
(b) defines
(c) paints
(d) obscures

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #279 "English Slang Idioms (1)", answer 1

I could try to describe it for you, but it would be easier to draw it, since a picture paints a thousand words.

Correct answer: (c) paints

how many nouns is there in the following sentence? "A picture paints a thousand words."

Jukki
Jukki

How many nouns here? 'A picture paints a thousand words.' #2 (permalink) Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:57 am   How many nouns here? 'A picture paints a thousand words.'

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
How many nouns here? 'A picture paints a thousand words.' #3 (permalink) Sun Apr 04, 2010 23:56 pm   How many nouns here? 'A picture paints a thousand words.'

Hi,
what is the mean of (since) here in this sentence?
thank you in advance.
Mouhannad
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

How many nouns here? 'A picture paints a thousand words.' #4 (permalink) Thu Apr 08, 2010 13:49 pm   How many nouns here? 'A picture paints a thousand words.'

"since a picture paints..." = "as a picture paints..."

The two nouns in the sentence "A picture paints a thousand words" are 'picture' and 'words'. 'Paints' is a verb and in this sentence 'thousand' is an adjective, describing the number of words. 'A' is an article (which incidentally is a special adjective!)
Language Coach

Test and other things #5 (permalink) Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:19 am   Test and other things

Test was done for the third time on 25th November 2010. From the 1-23 tests was deleted three times.Don't you think that's a bit so much?
Kati Svaby

How many nouns here? 'A picture paints a thousand words.' #6 (permalink) Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:24 am   How many nouns here? 'A picture paints a thousand words.'

Please read this.
Kati - Please read.
Language Coach

Tests #7 (permalink) Fri Nov 26, 2010 22:34 pm   Tests

Hello Mister Micawber,

I would like to ask for your advice. Yesterday, before yesterday, and 3 days ago and few month ago I did the English Slang Idioms. Yesterday I had to do again only about 23 tests and my score-board was OK. My picture was there. But this evening my 34 picture disappeared from the score-board, / as if I didn't do them/ although I did them again four times altogether. I know there is no point, but I am in a difficult situation.

What is your opinion?
Regards:
Kati svaby

weed vs. toss | The Sistine Chapel in Italy?
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
love to deathaudit questions and answerslook after/take carebrush my teeth.kind of busyThe platypus has a bill like a duck does on its face?Do or commit a crime?ringed vs. ranghis own flesh and blooddirt poor.back seat driverWhat is the idiom for 'good cook'?He admires his boss?