fee for sending letters or packages by mail
postage
conversation
customs
duration

How to say 'thank you' in your native language?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

ESL Forum | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training
Recording voice messages on the forum? | Need TOEFL speaking partner for training
How to say 'thank you' in your native language? #31 (permalink) Sun Feb 22, 2009 14:05 pm   How to say 'thank you' in your native language?

hi Torsten..
In Indonesia, thank you means "Terima Kasih"...
Brenda

How to say 'thank you' in your native language? #32 (permalink) Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:07 am   How to say 'thank you' in your native language?

"谢谢" in chinese means "Thank you" in English,While "非常感谢"means "Thanks a lot" or "Thank you very much".
The structure of charactor is different from the word.
Abby

Location: China

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
How to say 'thank you' in your native language? #33 (permalink) Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:02 am   How to say 'thank you' in your native language?

...

Hi Abby

Along with your Chinese Characters better you give us the transliteration of the words.

It will help us to speak it out practically..

Many thanks for your contribution..

..
_________________
Sahid59

Better tomorrow with better English
Sahid59

Location: Chennai, South India

How to say 'thank you' in your native language? #34 (permalink) Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:26 am   How to say 'thank you' in your native language?

Hi everyone! It's so nice to hear your languages here!

Thank you - sounds like "Dyakuyu".
Thank you very much we say like "Dudge dyakuyu".
You are welcome - "Byd'laska" which also may mean "Please".

Maryann
Maryann

Location: Ukraine

How to say 'thank you' in your native language? #35 (permalink) Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:13 pm   How to say 'thank you' in your native language?

Hello Maryann,

Thank you for telling us how to say thankyou and you are welcome in Ukrainian. It's really great to hear your voice and your voice sounds so sweet. Your pronunciation is excellent as well. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Regards
_________________
Please feel free to correct me if you find any mistakes in my posts.
Infin1ty

Location: Beijing, China

How to say 'thank you' in your native language? #36 (permalink) Fri Feb 27, 2009 13:40 pm   How to say 'thank you' in your native language?

Dear Weiqiang, many thanx for your feedback as to my pronunciation, it's very important for a teacher of English to sound at least little English. Refering to your last record here I can say that you sound pretty good too :) I wish you fixed the problem with your mike.

Best regard to all,

Maryann

Maryann

Location: Ukraine

How to say 'thank you' in your native language? #37 (permalink) Fri Feb 27, 2009 14:36 pm   How to say 'thank you' in your native language?

hello there! In Portuguese, my native language, we say: Muito Obrigado(a)! Muito Grato(a)!

Peace out!
WillCout

How to say 'thank you' in your native language? #38 (permalink) Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:04 am   How to say 'thank you' in your native language?

Dear all,

My mane is Mustafa Kamal, and I am from Afghansitan. I am very happy to have leart so many things so for. Any way in our language (Tasha kor az shoma) means thank you.

wamly,
Mustafa Kamal

How to say 'thank you' in your native language? #39 (permalink) Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:21 am   How to say 'thank you' in your native language?

hi everyone, I think this is a great idea to learn from different culture. English is becoming more and more popular, so all of us should learn this language to have a brighter future, but keeping and developing our native language is essential. Our native language itself implicates not only where we are from, but also what kind of thinking-way we have, which culture we belong to,...
I wish you could know how delighted I am when I listen to your mother tongue. I often watch movies from different countries, and it's difficult for me to hear these languages. Now, however, I can indentify soud of some languages. It's incredible.
So now, it's a greatful for me to introduce some useful phrases in my own language - Vietnamese.
First and foremost, it's salutation. We say "xin cho" in formal or social situations. To say hello with restpect, we can say "em cho anh/chị/c/thầy (ạ)" or "chu cho c/ch/bc/ng/b...". "Em/chu" is you yourself in this situation. "Anh/chị/c/thầy/ch/bc/ng/b" is a person who is older than you, or is a senior.
We say "anh/chị/c/ch/bc/ng/b đi đu đấy ạ?" in informal way. (In english that means: "where are you going to", but that's just a way of salutation, you can answer it or not.)
We also say "anh/chị dạo ny c khỏe ko ạ?" "lu qu khng gặp anh/chị" "mọi chuyện vẫn tốt chứ ạ?" (that means "how are you", "I haven't seen you for ages", "how goes it with you?")
Secondly, if you want to say "thanks" "thank you", you can say "cm ơn", "cm ơn anh/chị rất nhiều"...
Note: in Vietnamese, when you talk to the elder, "ạ, dạ" are important words which show you're well behavior.
Traitimtn27

Location: Ha Noi, Vietnam

How to say 'thank you' in your native language? #40 (permalink) Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:23 am   How to say 'thank you' in your native language?

hi every body
We say thank you in my language faleminderit
Genci

How to say 'thank you' in your native language? #41 (permalink) Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:44 am   How to say 'thank you' in your native language?

Welcome people from all over the world! Nice to meet you!
Genci wrote:
hi every body

Hi Genci, you didn't point out what your native language is. Would be nice to hear the way your voice and name sound :)

Dear
Traitimtn27, very nice post. But could you, please, record what's written above for all of us to hear how to pronounce the words in Vietnamese correctly? And don't forget to say your name.

Thanks and Good-Luck!

Maryann
Maryann

Location: Ukraine

How to say 'thank you' in your native language? #42 (permalink) Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:35 pm   How to say 'thank you' in your native language?

Mustafa Kamal wrote:
Dear all,

wamly,

Hello Mustafa Kamal,

Nice to meet you and welcome to this forum. Could you please tell us a little bit more about your country? Thank you. :)
_________________
Infin1ty

Location: Beijing, China

Misaotra betsaka=thank you very much! #43 (permalink) Sat Feb 28, 2009 13:11 pm   Misaotra betsaka=thank you very much!

Hi Torsten!

Misaotra betsaka! or thank you very much. It's a malagasy word. I fell better when I can speak my mother tongue with people from others countries. I want to say many words in malagasy but I must express in english with you. I apologize for not being able to record my voice. I'll do that next time. Misaotra=thanks, betsaka=very much. Misaotra because you encourage us to study english. You know how to make us courageous.
Jose!
Jose

How to say 'thank you' in your native language? #44 (permalink) Sat Feb 28, 2009 15:12 pm   How to say 'thank you' in your native language?

[color=green][/ color]
Dear Maryann,

Thanks for your comment! I've recorded my voice, I hope you can practice some vietnamese words. ^_^

And, my name is Mai Lan. "Mai" means the apricot blossom. "Lan" means the orchids. There're 2 aristorcratic flowers in vietnamese conception. My parent hope I will be a successfull women with the beautiful name. ^_^

It's easy to pronounciate my name, isn't it?. That's because of a lack of marks. In Vietnamese, there are 6 marks. (A word with different mark will have different meaning.) They are:
- "dấu bằng" (no mark, like: ba - it means father or three)
- "dấu hỏi" (?, like: bả - it means a poisoned food)
- "dấu sắc" (', like: b - it means an aunt)
- "dấu huyền"(`, like: b - it means a grand_mother)
- "dấu ng" (~, like: b - it means a residue)
- "dấu nặng" (., like: bạ - it means "any")
Well, is it difficult to pronounciate? I hope you'll like it!

Best regard,
Mai Lan
Traitimtn27

Location: Ha Noi, Vietnam

How to say 'thank you' in your native language? #45 (permalink) Sat Feb 28, 2009 17:20 pm   How to say 'thank you' in your native language?

****************************************************************

Hello, dear Mai Lan, your name is really very beautiful, exotic and melodic. Thank you for sharing specifications as to your language pronounciation. Vietnamese seems quite difficult for me, maybe due to my native Slav language that greatly differs from the Asiatic languages. But it was quite interesting to have a better idea of the language you speak.

Jose. Nice to see your post here. On Wikipedia I found that Malagasy was spoken in Madagascar, right? We're looking forward to hearing your voice recording here :)

Take care,

Maryann
Maryann

Location: Ukraine

ESL Forum | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Speaking Q no.3--Student expressing her opinionspeaking Q no.2-How do you like to spend your leisure time?What is your favorite place to visit on weekends? Describe it and explain why itcorrections in Tofel speaking topicbest friendGreetings from Ecuador. Trying to improve my speaking for the TOEFLAccent in 'The Planet of the Apes'?A little Help PleaseTalking in Englishthe firstmy first speaking practisecontemporary artMy first voice message