article, thing; goal; focus of a thought or action
still
object
pharmacist
premium

How to say 'thank you' in your native language?

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

ESL Forums | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training
Recording voice messages on the forum? | Need TOEFLŪ speaking partner for training
How to say 'thank you' in your native language? #1 (permalink) Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:04 pm   How to say 'thank you' in your native language?

Hi everyone,

In Darius' latest voice message you can hear him say 'thank you' in his mother tongue, Lithuanian. It's labai ačiū: Thank you in Lithuanian.

This triggered an idea: It would be great if you could record the phrase 'thank you very much' in your native language.

Vielen Dank,

TOEIC listening, photographs: The cycle race

How to pronounce 'thank you' in your native language? #2 (permalink) Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:48 pm   How to pronounce 'thank you' in your native language?

Hi Tosten,

In China, we say 'xie xie ni'or 'fei chang gan xie' to express our gratitude.
_________________
Please feel free to correct me if you find any mistakes in my posts.
Infin1ty

Location: Beijing, China

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
record again #3 (permalink) Wed Feb 04, 2009 23:08 pm   record again

Hi infin1ty..

your voice is not clearly audible because the recording is not accurate..please record again with the Chinese ''Thank you very much''.

Thanks and regards.
_________________
Sahid59

Better tomorrow with better English
Sahid59

Location: Chennai, South India

How to pronounce 'thank you' in your native language? #4 (permalink) Wed Feb 04, 2009 23:12 pm   How to pronounce 'thank you' in your native language?

Hi Torsten..

You come up with a novel idea every now and then. Here I have recorded the phrase ''thank you very much'' in my native language, Tamil (South Indian language).
_________________
Sahid59

Better tomorrow with better English
Sahid59

Location: Chennai, South India

How to pronounce 'thank you' in your native language? #5 (permalink) Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:21 am   How to pronounce 'thank you' in your native language?

In Bulgarian we say 'thank you very much' like this...
SkiIucK

How to pronounce 'thank you' in your native language? #6 (permalink) Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:08 am   How to pronounce 'thank you' in your native language?

SkiIucK wrote:

Where is the audio file to listen..?
_________________
Sahid59

Better tomorrow with better English
Sahid59

Location: Chennai, South India

How to say 'thank you' in your native language? #7 (permalink) Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:28 pm   How to say 'thank you' in your native language?

In Russian:
Thanks: Spasibo
Many thanks: Spasibo boljshoe
Slava
Programmer and Co-founder

How to pronounce 'thank you' in your native language? #8 (permalink) Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:51 pm   How to pronounce 'thank you' in your native language?

Infin1ty wrote:
Hi Tosten,

Hello Infinity,

Thank you very much for telling us how to say thank you in Chinese. Can you please also tell us how to say 'your're welcome'?

Xie xie,

TOEIC listening, photographs: Rescue personnel helping out

How to pronounce 'thank you' in your native language? #9 (permalink) Thu Feb 05, 2009 15:09 pm   How to pronounce 'thank you' in your native language?

Hello Tosten and Sahid,

'Xie xie'(谢谢) in Chinese means thank you while 'fei chang gan xie' (非常感谢) meant 'thank you very much'. If someone says 'xie xie' to you, you can answer 'bu ke qi'(不客气), which expresses the same meaning as 'you are welcome'.
_________________
Infin1ty

Location: Beijing, China

How to pronounce 'thank you' in your native language? #10 (permalink) Thu Feb 05, 2009 15:48 pm   How to pronounce 'thank you' in your native language?

Sahid59 wrote:
Hi Torsten..

Hi Sahid,

Thank you very much for recording the first phrase in Tamil. So thank you in Tamil is 'rumba nandri'? And how do you say 'you're welcome' in Tamil?

TOEIC listening, photographs: A boat on the water

How to pronounce 'thank you' in your native language? #11 (permalink) Thu Feb 05, 2009 15:50 pm   How to pronounce 'thank you' in your native language?

Infin1ty wrote:
Hello Tosten and Sahid,

Hi Infinity,

So 'you're welcome' in Chinese is 不客气?

TOEIC listening, photographs: A hiker crossing the river

How to pronounce 'thank you' in your native language? #12 (permalink) Thu Feb 05, 2009 16:12 pm   How to pronounce 'thank you' in your native language?

Hi Tosten,

I think it may depend on the situation. If someone says 'thank you', you answer 'you are welcome', then 'you are welcome' in Chinese is '不客气(bu ke qi)'. My name is Shi Weiqiang(史卫强). As you may know that Chinese people put the family name in front of the given name. So, 史(Shi)is my family name and '卫强'(Weiqiang)is my given name. :)
_________________
Infin1ty

Location: Beijing, China

How to say 'thank you' in your native language? #13 (permalink) Thu Feb 05, 2009 18:03 pm   How to say 'thank you' in your native language?

Hi Weiqiang,

I hope I pronounce your name correctly? Thank you very much for sharing all this information about the Chinese language. It's very important that we learn from each other. By the way, can you please tell me how often you speak English and whom you talk to? The sound quality of your message has already improved and maybe you can somehow reduce the background noise too? Maybe it's your microphone settings. Do you use a stand-alone mike or a headset?

TOEIC listening, photographs: A beautiful doorway

How to pronounce 'thank you' in your native language? #14 (permalink) Thu Feb 05, 2009 19:35 pm   How to pronounce 'thank you' in your native language?

Hi Weiqiang..Ni Hao..!

I came to know many Chinese have an English name along with their Chinese names. Why ..?
For example our consultant engineer from China has an English name as ''Leon'' while his Chinese name is ''Lu Lianji''

Do you also have an English name..?
_________________
Sahid59

Better tomorrow with better English
Sahid59

Location: Chennai, South India

How to pronounce 'thank you' in your native language? #15 (permalink) Thu Feb 05, 2009 19:53 pm   How to pronounce 'thank you' in your native language?

Hi Torsten..

I am happy to hear the first Tamil word in your voice..''romba nanri'' It is so clear to anyone who may listen that our language doesn't need any accent for voice decoration.

Even though ''You're welcome'' directly has some other words in Tamil, we usually reply the ''thanks'' with ''Santhosham''.

' romba nanri ' ==>> ' santhosham '
_________________
Sahid59

Better tomorrow with better English
Sahid59

Location: Chennai, South India

ESL Forums | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Speaking Q no.3--Student expressing her opinionspeaking Q no.2-How do you like to spend your leisure time?What is your favorite place to visit on weekends? Describe it and explain why itcorrections in Tofel speaking topicbest friendGreetings from Ecuador. Trying to improve my speaking for the TOEFLŪAccent in 'The Planet of the Apes'?A little Help PleaseTalking in Englishthe firstmy first speaking practisecontemporary artMy first voice message