to furnish; to equip; to make up for; to compensate for; to substitute for temporarily
revive
post
insulate
supply

Meaning of 'petty cash'

Difference between 'funnier' and 'more fun' | Meaning of 'as dry as a bone'
Meaning of 'petty cash' #1 (permalink) Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:40 am   Meaning of 'petty cash'

Test No. incompl/advan-12 "Money", question 3

Every office has a certain amount of ......... cash to pay for things like tea, coffee or stamps.

(a) small
(b) little
(c) tiny
(d) petty

Test No. incompl/advan-12 "Money", answer 3

Every office has a certain amount of petty cash to pay for things like tea, coffee or stamps.

Correct answer: (d) petty

Every office has a certain amount of tiny cash to pay for things like tea, coffee or stamps.
_________________________

Hello Sir,
why can't we use tiny? tiny means little, small...
wael

Meaning of 'petty cash' #2 (permalink) Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:28 am   Meaning of 'petty cash'

Petty cash is a set phrase - a fixed combination of words. As you might know petty cash is a cash funds for incidentals, that means, you pay with it for small things.

TOEIC listening, photographs: Working in a warehouse

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Paper thin versus Paper longDifference between products and producingMeaning of 'move with the times'No work because it's SundayMeaning of 'hither and thither'Meaning of "troubleshooter"Leave me aloneMeaning of 'hot line'You could hear the sound of great activityThe black sheep of the familyAnyone who arrived after that timeShe has been lyingHe intended to fly across the channel