Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

distorted; crooked; twisted; askew
valid
town
previous
wry
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What does performance mean?

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What does 'sweater' mean? | teach vs. learn
listening exercises
What does performance mean? #1 (permalink) Sun Feb 08, 2009 16:03 pm   What does performance mean?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #491 "English Slang Idioms (233)", question 1

"I am sorry, Russell. You are fired. It is nothing personal you are just not making the ......... around here. You haven't met your performance objectives once in the last six months," Shelly, his boss, told him.

(a) maid
(b) grade
(c) group
(d) project

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #491 "English Slang Idioms (233)", answer 1

"I am sorry, Russell. You are fired. It is nothing personal you are just not making the grade around here. You haven't met your performance objectives once in the last six months," Shelly, his boss, told him.

Correct answer: (b) grade

what is performance

Thao
Thao

What does performance mean? #2 (permalink) Sun Feb 08, 2009 20:36 pm   What does performance mean?

In this context 'performance' does mean 'manner or quality of functioning at work'.

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
What does 'sweater' mean? | teach vs. learn
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
How long I need learn English for good communication?What does pace mean?What is the slang meaning of the word poacher?Sentence: It was one of those horror movies where..."air conditioning" vs "air cooling"The meaning of markup in this sentence?What does 'just about' mean?put through the phone?What is a win-win-situation?What does rehash mean?What is the meaning of 'off the cuff comment'?What does hesitant mean?What's the meaning of "knowing one's onions"?