distorted; crooked; twisted; askew
valid
town
previous
wry

What does performance mean?

What does 'sweater' mean? | teach vs. learn
What does performance mean? #1 (permalink) Sun Feb 08, 2009 16:03 pm   What does performance mean?

"I am sorry, Russell. You are fired. It is nothing personal you are just not making the ......... around here. You haven't met your performance objectives once in the last six months," Shelly, his boss, told him.

(a) maid
(b) grade
(c) group
(d) project

"I am sorry, Russell. You are fired. It is nothing personal you are just not making the grade around here. You haven't met your performance objectives once in the last six months," Shelly, his boss, told him.

Correct answer: (b) grade
_________________________

what is performance

Thao
Thao

What does performance mean? #2 (permalink) Sun Feb 08, 2009 20:36 pm   What does performance mean?

In this context 'performance' does mean 'manner or quality of functioning at work'.
_________________
First lesson - English, not english. I, not i. ~A student of English
Gray

Location: Proxima Centauri

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
How long I need learn English for good communication?What does pace mean?What is the slang meaning of the word poacher?Sentence: It was one of those horror movies where..."air conditioning" vs "air cooling"The meaning of markup in this sentence?What does 'just about' mean?put through the phone?What is a win-win-situation?What does rehash mean?What is the meaning of 'off the cuff comment'?What does hesitant mean?What's the meaning of "knowing one's onions"?