to turn into profit; to generate revenue
fleet
articulate
tie
monetize

Meaning of 'test card'

Meaning of 'in two shakes of a lamb's tail' | Tell us your story again
Meaning of 'test card' #1 (permalink) Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:45 am   Meaning of 'test card'

Test No. incompl/inter-59 "Testing, Testing", question 10

In order to make sure that your television is tuned properly there is a coloured test ......... on the screen.

(a) paper
(b) sheet
(c) place
(d) card

Test No. incompl/inter-59 "Testing, Testing", answer 10

In order to make sure that your television is tuned properly there is a coloured test card on the screen.

Correct answer: (d) card

In order to make sure that your television is tuned properly there is a coloured test sheet on the screen.
_________________________

Why is it card??
puspa

Meaning of 'test card' #2 (permalink) Wed Jun 15, 2005 17:29 pm   Meaning of 'test card'

Because a test card which is also known as a test pattern in North America, is a television test signal. A test sheet could be a piece of paper that contains test questions you have to answer in an examination.

TOEIC listening, photographs: A moving truck

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Difference between donate and contributeMeaning of 'engrossed'meaning of "give up"Want to + verbAre 'short term' and 'long term' fixed expressions?Difference between requirement and necessityDifference between products and producingMeaning of 'move with the times'No work because it's SundayDifference between standing still and remaining calmYet one group is always going to loseDifference between depend on and depend uponMeaning of 'for crying out loud'