to go before; to be in front; to be ahead of; to predate
justify
precede
carpet
underestimate

What is the slang meaning of the word poacher?

What does pace mean? | Why we put down, because it broken?
What is the slang meaning of the word poacher? #1 (permalink) Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:27 am   What is the slang meaning of the word poacher?

"Don't react when the drill sergeant is yelling at you. You are just playing into his .......... He wants you to yell at him so he can make an example out of you," Private Gonzales said to Private Smith in basic training.

(a) goal
(b) yard
(c) thought
(d) hand

"Don't react when the drill sergeant is yelling at you. You are just playing into his hand. He wants you to yell at him so he can make an example out of you," Private Gonzales said to Private Smith in basic training.

Correct answer: (d) hand
_________________________

Ilen
Ilen

What is the slang meaning of the word poacher? #2 (permalink) Wed Feb 11, 2009 0:59 am   What is the slang meaning of the word poacher?

.
'Poacher' might be used for anyone that encroaches on someone else's property and takes things.
.
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Listening and comprehension exerciseswhat is a 'conjugative plural'?What's the meaning of 'Whatever tickles your fancy'?Can we use 'got' after 'had'?What does livestock mean?How long I need learn English for good communication?Can we say 'the mail looked sweet'?deliver vs. bringWhy we write eight and ate different but pronounce the same?Sentence: It was one of those horror movies where..."air conditioning" vs "air cooling"What does performance mean?teach vs. learn