large; enormous; huge
vast
whole
pocket
forecast

Can we say 'the mail looked sweet'?

How long I need learn English for good communication? | deliver vs. bring
Can we say 'the mail looked sweet'? #1 (permalink) Wed Feb 11, 2009 19:28 pm   Can we say 'the mail looked sweet'?

"I had to work overtime last night because there was a shoot ......... at the Delray Bar. It took a couple of hours to arrest everyone and collect the weapons, so I didn't get home until three a.m.," Detective Wilson told Detective Simon.

(a) down
(b) off
(c) athon
(d) out

"I had to work overtime last night because there was a shoot out at the Delray Bar. It took a couple of hours to arrest everyone and collect the weapons, so I didn't get home until three a.m.," Detective Wilson told Detective Simon.

Correct answer: (d) out
_________________________

can we say the mail looked sweet
Sweaty

Can we say 'the mail looked sweet'? #2 (permalink) Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:54 am   Can we say 'the mail looked sweet'?

.
Not if you expect anyone to understand it.
.
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
meaning of the phrase "surreptitious non-work activities"How are administration cost are calculated in accordance to the GAAP?Listening and comprehension exerciseswhat is a 'conjugative plural'?What's the meaning of 'Whatever tickles your fancy'?Can we use 'got' after 'had'?What does livestock mean?Why we write eight and ate different but pronounce the same?What does pace mean?What is the slang meaning of the word poacher?Sentence: It was one of those horror movies where..."air conditioning" vs "air cooling"teach vs. learn