area; domain; range; piece of land; surface
realization
lack
decade
field

Meaning of 'for crying out loud'

Are 'short term' and 'long term' fixed expressions? | Meaning of 'in two shakes of a lamb's tail'
Meaning of 'for crying out loud' #1 (permalink) Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:41 am   Meaning of 'for crying out loud'

Test No. incompl/inter-43 "A Crying Shame", question 6

For crying out ......... how many times do I have to tell you how to work that machine?

(a) strong
(b) loud
(c) full
(d) hard

Test No. incompl/inter-43 "A Crying Shame", answer 6

For crying out loud how many times do I have to tell you how to work that machine?

Correct answer: (b) loud
_________________________

please explain the sentence construction.

Meaning of 'for crying out loud' #2 (permalink) Wed Jun 15, 2005 17:06 pm   Meaning of 'for crying out loud'

For crying out loud is an idiom which expresses impatience or annoyance.

TOEIC listening, photographs: A container yard

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of 'engrossed'meaning of "give up"Want to + verbPaper thin versus Paper longDifference between products and producingMeaning of 'move with the times'No work because it's SundayDifference between standing still and remaining calmYet one group is always going to loseDifference between depend on and depend uponChange Of OpinionHe's gone for goodMeaning of 'test card'