denial; rejection
refusal
instructor
belief
anticipation

Can we use 'got' after 'had'?

Listening and comprehension exercises | what is the meaning of neutral?
Can we use 'got' after 'had'? #1 (permalink) Thu Feb 12, 2009 17:33 pm   Can we use 'got' after 'had'?

Hi dear teachers.1 : ''We can't use 'got' after 'had' like 'I have got a big house' is an incorrect sentence, right?
2 : ''Take to your heels from me'' correct?
3 : ''Don't read f.uk with bad intention.It has a different meaning. correct?
4 : I was reading a book.It was written ''He ate all the cake'' my question is,why not ''all the cakes''?
5 : Statements,
i : You must bring it tomorrow.
ii : You may go now.
iii : You should tell her.
Question forms,
i : Must you bring it tomorrow?
ii : May you go now?
iii : should you tell her? right?
6 : Can we use ''on his request" or We should always use ''at his equest''?
Twilit1988

Can we use 'got' after 'had'? #2 (permalink) Fri Feb 13, 2009 13:34 pm   Can we use 'got' after 'had'?

.
1 : ''We can't use 'got' after 'had' like 'I have got a big house' is an incorrect sentence, right?-- Wrong. 'I've got a house' is fine.

2 : ''Take to your heels from me'' correct?-- No. What do you mean?

3 : ''Don't read f.uk with bad intention.It has a different meaning. correct?-- No, it is still an obscenity, however it is spelt.

4 : I was reading a book.It was written ''He ate all the cake'' my question is,why not ''all the cakes''?- Because there is only one cake, and he ate all of it.

5 :
i : Must I bring it tomorrow?
ii : May I go now?
iii : should I tell her?

6 : Can we use ''on his request" or We should always use ''at his equest''?-- Always use 'at one's request'.
.
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Difference in meaning from sow and sew?meaning of desktop publishingCan I replace the word clearinghouse by bank?Phrase "attempting to locate colleagues"difference between "waste" and "wastage"meaning of the phrase "surreptitious non-work activities"Can we say 'Put petrol in my car/motorbike '?How are administration cost are calculated in accordance to the GAAP?what is a 'conjugative plural'?What's the meaning of 'Whatever tickles your fancy'?What does livestock mean?How long I need learn English for good communication?Can we say 'the mail looked sweet'?