Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

denial; rejection
refusal
instructor
belief
anticipation
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Can we use 'got' after 'had'?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Listening and comprehension exercises | what is the meaning of neutral?
listening exercises
Can we use 'got' after 'had'? #1 (permalink) Thu Feb 12, 2009 17:33 pm   Can we use 'got' after 'had'?

Hi dear teachers.1 : ''We can't use 'got' after 'had' like 'I have got a big house' is an incorrect sentence, right?
2 : ''Take to your heels from me'' correct?
3 : ''Don't read f.uk with bad intention.It has a different meaning. correct?
4 : I was reading a book.It was written ''He ate all the cake'' my question is,why not ''all the cakes''?
5 : Statements,
i : You must bring it tomorrow.
ii : You may go now.
iii : You should tell her.
Question forms,
i : Must you bring it tomorrow?
ii : May you go now?
iii : should you tell her? right?
6 : Can we use ''on his request" or We should always use ''at his equest''?
Twilit1988
I'm here quite often ;-)

Can we use 'got' after 'had'? #2 (permalink) Fri Feb 13, 2009 13:34 pm   Can we use 'got' after 'had'?

1 : ''We can't use 'got' after 'had' like 'I have got a big house' is an incorrect sentence, right?-- Wrong. 'I've got a house' is fine.

2 : ''Take to your heels from me'' correct?-- No. What do you mean?

3 : ''Don't read f.uk with bad intention.It has a different meaning. correct?-- No, it is still an obscenity, however it is spelt.

4 : I was reading a book.It was written ''He ate all the cake'' my question is,why not ''all the cakes''?- Because there is only one cake, and he ate all of it.

5 :
i : Must I bring it tomorrow?
ii : May I go now?
iii : should I tell her?

6 : Can we use ''on his request" or We should always use ''at his equest''?-- Always use 'at one's request'.

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Listening and comprehension exercises | what is the meaning of neutral?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Difference in meaning from sow and sew?meaning of desktop publishingCan I replace the word clearinghouse by bank?Phrase "attempting to locate colleagues"difference between "waste" and "wastage"meaning of the phrase "surreptitious non-work activities"Can we say 'Put petrol in my car/motorbike '?How are administration cost are calculated in accordance to the GAAP?what is a 'conjugative plural'?What's the meaning of 'Whatever tickles your fancy'?What does livestock mean?How long I need learn English for good communication?Can we say 'the mail looked sweet'?