to show; to display; to demonstrate; to present
blunder
exhibit
ascertain
convey

What's the meaning of 'Whatever tickles your fancy'?

what is a 'conjugative plural'? | Listening and comprehension exercises
What's the meaning of 'Whatever tickles your fancy'? #1 (permalink) Thu Feb 12, 2009 17:47 pm   What's the meaning of 'Whatever tickles your fancy'?

1 :I read this on a newspaper, ''Extra uniformed and plainclothed police have been deployed in various residential areas and tourist-spots to track dowd the man'' Is it correct?As far as i know we shouldn't use the plural form if we use hyphen between two words?
2 : ''Whatever tickles your fancy'' means?
3 : ''They are my arch-enemies'' correct?
Twilit1988

What's the meaning of 'Whatever tickles your fancy'? #2 (permalink) Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:09 am   What's the meaning of 'Whatever tickles your fancy'?

.
1-- A hyphen is fine with plural nouns (I think you may be thinking of adjectives-- a '10-minute break'). However, here it seems odd.
2-- Whatever you like
3-- Yes, but rather stilted unless a superhero is speaking.
.
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
meaning of desktop publishingPhrase "attempting to locate colleagues"difference between "waste" and "wastage"meaning of the phrase "surreptitious non-work activities"Can we say 'Put petrol in my car/motorbike '?How are administration cost are calculated in accordance to the GAAP?Can we use 'got' after 'had'?What does livestock mean?How long I need learn English for good communication?Can we say 'the mail looked sweet'?deliver vs. bringWhy we write eight and ate different but pronounce the same?What does pace mean?