to hold superior; to appoint; to nominate; to like better
condition
resemble
solace
prefer

Can we say 'Put petrol in my car/motorbike '?

That versus those | meaning of desktop publishing
Can we say 'Put petrol in my car/motorbike '? #1 (permalink) Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:17 am   Can we say 'Put petrol in my car/motorbike '?

"I had got a house" correct?
"Put petrol in my car/motorbike of 1 dollar" correct?
Twilit1988

Can we say 'Put petrol in my car/motorbike '? #2 (permalink) Sat Feb 14, 2009 15:51 pm   Can we say 'Put petrol in my car/motorbike '?

.
"I had got a house"-- It sounds odd. Is the meaning 'I possess a house'? Then, 'I've got a house'.

"Put petrol in my car/motorbike of 1 dollar" correct?-- Not quite. 'Put a dollar's worth of gas in my car/motorbike'. Remember that 'gas' is American (like 'dollar'), while 'petrol' is British English (like 'pound').
.
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Can we say 'Put petrol in my car/motorbike '? #3 (permalink) Sun Feb 15, 2009 18:59 pm   Can we say 'Put petrol in my car/motorbike '?

Twilit1988

If you write 'had checked' on something versus just 'checked' on something...What is a 'janitor'?Meaning of "dodges the issue"Going to quit working on the new project. vs Disagreeing about the new project.meaning of "promised to remember"Meaning of "Name the day"Difference in meaning from sow and sew?Can I replace the word clearinghouse by bank?Phrase "attempting to locate colleagues"difference between "waste" and "wastage"meaning of the phrase "surreptitious non-work activities"How are administration cost are calculated in accordance to the GAAP?Listening and comprehension exercises