to go along with; to go together with; to join; to attach
affect
forward
accompany
narrow

difference between "waste" and "wastage"

meaning of the phrase "surreptitious non-work activities" | Phrase "attempting to locate colleagues"
difference between "waste" and "wastage" #1 (permalink) Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:23 pm   difference between "waste" and "wastage"

ESL/EFL Test #136 "Office Technology Problems", question 6

The delay that is caused by the necessity of waiting for critical responses to emails was another problem that caused time ......... every day.

(a) cartage
(b) garbage
(c) passage
(d) wastage

ESL/EFL Test #136 "Office Technology Problems", answer 6

The delay that is caused by the necessity of waiting for critical responses to emails was another problem that caused time wastage every day.

Correct answer: (d) wastage
_________________________

Can you explain the difference between "waste" and "wastage", please? I can't get it clearly

Thank you
_________________
Reach an agreement as ploughing, don't let argument happen at crops.
Thunu

Location: Ha Noi, Viet Nam

difference between "waste" and "wastage" #2 (permalink) Sat Feb 14, 2009 14:01 pm   difference between "waste" and "wastage"

.
There is no big difference. 'Wastage' is usually the process, while 'waste' is the result.
.
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
What is a 'janitor'?Meaning of "dodges the issue"meaning of "promised to remember"Meaning of "Name the day"Difference in meaning from sow and sew?meaning of desktop publishingCan I replace the word clearinghouse by bank?Can we say 'Put petrol in my car/motorbike '?How are administration cost are calculated in accordance to the GAAP?Listening and comprehension exerciseswhat is a 'conjugative plural'?What's the meaning of 'Whatever tickles your fancy'?Can we use 'got' after 'had'?