Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

exchange; transfer; device
crew
bill
switch
insurance
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Meaning of 'come into force'

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What does this idiom mean: 'to get fired'? | Meaning of 'would-be house buyer'
listening exercises
Meaning of 'come into force' #1 (permalink) Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:20 am   Meaning of 'come into force'

Test No. incompl/advan-35 "One is always going to lose...", question 7

The government next announces that measures are due to come into ......... that will change the whole process.

(a) forces
(b) forced
(c) force
(d) forcing

Test No. incompl/advan-35 "One is always going to lose...", answer 7

The government next announces that measures are due to come into force that will change the whole process.

Correct answer: (c) force

Your answer was: incorrect
The government next announces that measures are due to come into forces that will change the whole process.

Dear Alan:
Can you explain me more the meaning of "come into" ? It is a phrasal verb, isn't it?
Kawaii

Meaning of 'come into force' #2 (permalink) Tue Jun 14, 2005 15:01 pm   Meaning of 'come into force'

Yes come into is a phrasal verb and the combination come into force is a fixed expression which means that something becomes valid or effective.
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of 'come into force' #3 (permalink) Sun Aug 11, 2013 21:37 pm   Meaning of 'come into force'

Hi Torsten,

Sorry, but you've done a typos:not which means that something becomes vaild but VALID.

What does this idiom mean: 'to get fired'? | Meaning of 'would-be house buyer'
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Why "no cigar"?teaching your wife to drive?briefing vs. clearingWhat does proposed mean?Assure vs. assertSurvive = continue to liveWhat does reading public mean?High profile and high dramaMeaning of 'overrun'Difference between transpose and transferDifference between attached and includedWhat is the difference between goal and aim?What does wear thin mean?