extreme; great; powerful; strong; profound
succinct
prevalent
intense
perennial

meaning of "promised to remember"

Meaning of "dodges the issue" | What is a 'janitor'?
meaning of "promised to remember" #1 (permalink) Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:21 am   meaning of "promised to remember"

ESL/EFL Test #577 "Corporate Culture (4)", question 3

"I assure you that I will remember how hard you worked last month." In this sentence, Mrs. Jones ......... John's efforts.

(a) struggled to accept
(b) promised to remember
(c) wavered about remembering
(d) forgot to mention

ESL/EFL Test #577 "Corporate Culture (4)", answer 3

"I assure you that I will remember how hard you worked last month." In this sentence, Mrs. Jones promised to remember John's efforts.

Correct answer: (b) promised to remember

"I assure you that I will remember how hard you worked last month." In this sentence, Mrs. Jones struggled to accept John's efforts.
_________________________

what is the mean of "promised to remember"
Misskhan

Location: Lahore, Pakistan

meaning of "promised to remember" #2 (permalink) Tue Feb 17, 2009 13:29 pm   meaning of "promised to remember"

.
It is not an idiom. Please use your dictionary to find the definitions of 'promise' and 'remember'.
.
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of "right down"What does 'stick to your guns' mean?Give me a hand means help me?'It's no small wonder' vs 'It's no wonder'continue vs stopIf you write 'had checked' on something versus just 'checked' on something...Going to quit working on the new project. vs Disagreeing about the new project.Meaning of "Name the day"Difference in meaning from sow and sew?meaning of desktop publishingCan I replace the word clearinghouse by bank?Phrase "attempting to locate colleagues"difference between "waste" and "wastage"