to inflate; to play an important role
mend
honor
suggest
bulk

Going to quit working on the new project. vs Disagreeing about the new project.

punctual vs pointed | If you write 'had checked' on something versus just 'checked' on something...
Going to quit working on the new project. vs Disagreeing about the new project. #1 (permalink) Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:25 am   Going to quit working on the new project. vs Disagreeing about the new project.

ESL/EFL Test #577 "Corporate Culture (4)", question 9

Joseph and Carrie are having a dispute about the new project at work. In other words, they are ..........

(a) agreeing on a new project
(b) going out for lunch
(c) going to quit working on the new project
(d) disagreeing about the new project

ESL/EFL Test #577 "Corporate Culture (4)", answer 9

Joseph and Carrie are having a dispute about the new project at work. In other words, they are disagreeing about the new project.

Correct answer: (d) disagreeing about the new project
_________________________

Why we can not use here "going to quit working on the new project"
Misskhan

Location: Lahore, Pakistan

Going to quit working on the new project. vs Disagreeing about the new project. #2 (permalink) Tue Feb 17, 2009 13:28 pm   Going to quit working on the new project. vs Disagreeing about the new project.

.
Because that is not what 'having a dispute' means. A dispute is a disagreement.
.
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Going to quit working on the new project. vs Disagreeing about the new project. #3 (permalink) Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:29 am   Going to quit working on the new project. vs Disagreeing about the new project.

Thanks Mr. Mister Micawber
Misskhan

Location: Lahore, Pakistan

How can a business use a data processing center?Meaning of "right down"What does 'stick to your guns' mean?Give me a hand means help me?'It's no small wonder' vs 'It's no wonder'continue vs stopWhat is a 'janitor'?Meaning of "dodges the issue"meaning of "promised to remember"Meaning of "Name the day"Difference in meaning from sow and sew?meaning of desktop publishingCan I replace the word clearinghouse by bank?