schedule; calendar; outline of things to be done
education
agenda
retirement
association

If you write 'had checked' on something versus just 'checked' on something...

Going to quit working on the new project. vs Disagreeing about the new project. | Meaning of "bear in mind"
If you write 'had checked' on something versus just 'checked' on something... #1 (permalink) Tue Feb 17, 2009 23:14 pm   If you write 'had checked' on something versus just 'checked' on something...

"Our new product's success ......... on getting a patent for the electronics inside. We were unable to do so due to the fact that someone else already owns the rights to the electronic system. We are currently trying to contact the owner to see if he will sell his idea to us," Matt told management.

(a) linked
(b) hinged
(c) horned
(d) heckled

"Our new product's success hinged on getting a patent for the electronics inside. We were unable to do so due to the fact that someone else already owns the rights to the electronic system. We are currently trying to contact the owner to see if he will sell his idea to us," Matt told management.

Correct answer: (b) hinged
_________________________

If you write "had checked" on something versus just "checked" on something..is one incorrect and the other correct or are both accepted usage?

Ulan
Ulan

If you write 'had checked' on something versus just 'checked' on something... #2 (permalink) Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:31 am   If you write 'had checked' on something versus just 'checked' on something...

.
Either is possible. It depends on the rest of the sentence.
.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Expression 'to take (something) into consideration'How can a business use a data processing center?Meaning of "right down"What does 'stick to your guns' mean?Give me a hand means help me?'It's no small wonder' vs 'It's no wonder'continue vs stopWhat is a 'janitor'?Meaning of "dodges the issue"meaning of "promised to remember"Meaning of "Name the day"Difference in meaning from sow and sew?meaning of desktop publishing