colored; blotched together; spotted
sordid
awry
pied
tumid

A Student's Journey to America

GMAT Practice tests Increase your GMAT test score with
plus 1.400 GMAT word flash cards
ESL Forums | Preparation forum for the GMAT® Test and MBA Community
How personality is linked to motivation? | GMAT® arguement essay: Stronger laws are needed to protect new kinds of home...
A Student's Journey to America #1 (permalink) Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:00 am   A Student's Journey to America

Splendid reasons make studying in the USA definitely top-notch. Education in the U.S.A is a profound learning experience in many regards.

The flexibility to choose exactly the college that will suffice to the requirements of a particular student’s interest in the most comfortable and attractive geographical location is perhaps the most crucial aspect. Choice to choose from a pool of over 3,500 schools that comprises of some of the world’s best schools (that are hard to get into) is another important factor that drives the students to study in the U.S.A. In addition to this number of conspectus reveals that the United States is still the most sought after destination by International Students. Besides this, the dreary education systems prevailing in some of the other countries encourage the youth to pursue their education on this dream land.

It might be a hard-nosed job even for a top-grade student to get admission into the top schools like Harvard, MIT or Stanford, nonetheless, all other 3,500 schools in the U.S.A offer premier education programs on a very high scale. But before one can enter the campus of one’s dream school, certain mandatory tasks must be accomplished successfully, especially if one chooses to handle application matters and act free from expensive educational consultancies.

Hunting down the schools that cohere with one’s own educational, financial and geographical requirements is of cardinal significance. Personally, I have come across students whose focus is only on a consolidated list of renowned universities. This bird-brained act will handicap the chances of studying abroad, if not in all the cases,but in the majority of the cases. The Education System in the U.S is known for its astuteness - despite of the fact that they are less renowned, many of the schools in the U.S offer meritorious education.

It is important to inquire into the details of particular department that is of interest to the student because in many cases a certain school will outrival the renowned universities in a certain field, if not in all the fields that the school is offering to study, making it much more enticing to a student interested in the study of that field.This crystal-clear insight about the U.S universities is a prerequisite to successfully execute the so called job “Choosing your University”, which is the first step towards your dream of Study in the U.S.

Finally coming out with a coalescent list of renowned universities as well as those universities into which your admission is apparent is desirable.

Now that the task of finding out whether a particular university meets your prerequisites or not is completed and finally you are ready with the consolidated list of your universities, it is the time to ensure that you meet the prerequisites of the universities chosen by you.

To be continued.....

(Dear moderator, Can we make this thread sticky? In fact I can give the link to this complete article that is written by me for other websites)
Sureshbala

A Student's Journey to America #2 (permalink) Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:37 am   A Student's Journey to America

thank you
My76

GMAT Test Preparation — Improve your Score with 280 free GMAT Vocabulary TestsGMAT Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise GMAT scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportGMAT Practice Tests — Learn the most essential GMAT vocabulary words you need to pass the GMAT with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHere is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
ESL Forums | Preparation forum for the GMAT® Test and MBA Community All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Latest topics on GMAT Test Forums
Review a GMAT® Test Prep Book for Kaplan Publishing!GMAT® Reading Comprehension:Timing Is Very ImportantGMAT® verbalGMAT®® issue: The most effective way for managers to assign work is to divide compI heard SOP is a "make or break factor" in the interview. Is it true?Use of based on as modifierHow I scored a 760 on the GMAT®Free GMAT® Resources on FacebookOne-Year Course of Study: Accelerate your opportunitiesFree GMAT® Practice tests onlineHelp, my friend scored a 770 and I want the same scoreMBA Projects (+91-9999076997) Thesis Help, Thesis Report, Dissertation HelpHow I scored a 750 on the GMAT®