to conform; to change; to make suitable; to match; to fit
pioneer
adapt
move
revise

Meaning of "right down"

'It's no small wonder' vs 'It's no wonder' | How can a business use a data processing center?
Meaning of "right down" #1 (permalink) Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:44 am   Meaning of "right down"

"I thought we would start figuring out our options by ......... for five minutes. Once that is complete, we will look through the list of ideas we have come up with and talk about the pros and cons of each. So what I need you to do is right down anything that comes to mind and don't stop to think whether it is a good idea or not. We will critique the ideas after the five minutes," Janice told the team.

(a) brainstorming
(b) drawing
(c) painting
(d) debating

"I thought we would start figuring out our options by brainstorming for five minutes. Once that is complete, we will look through the list of ideas we have come up with and talk about the pros and cons of each. So what I need you to do is right down anything that comes to mind and don't stop to think whether it is a good idea or not. We will critique the ideas after the five minutes," Janice told the team.

Correct answer: (a) brainstorming

_________________________

I am not sure about what the meaning of right down is in this sentence--"what I need you to do is right down anything that comes to mind". I have looked up the dictionary and found that "right down" is used as an adjective or adverb.
Zishuli

Location: Malaysia

Meaning of "right down" #2 (permalink) Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:51 am   Meaning of "right down"

Hello Zishuli,

Presumably the intended word was "write" and not "right". :wink:
_________________
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
Esl_Expert

Location: Rhode Island, USA

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Meaning of "right down" #3 (permalink) Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:24 am   Meaning of "right down"

Esl_Expert wrote:
Hello Zishuli,

_________________
Abraham Lincoln

:D My presumption was as good as yours.
Zishuli

Location: Malaysia

expressionsn vs conditionsExpression: 'To make up one's mind'Expression 'to take (something) into consideration'Example with "call it a day"daresay, not "dare say"Difference between "boarding gate" and "check-in counter"What does 'stick to your guns' mean?Give me a hand means help me?"grap bag" vs "grab bag"continue vs stopIf you write 'had checked' on something versus just 'checked' on something...What is a 'janitor'?Going to quit working on the new project. vs Disagreeing about the new project.