Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to conform; to change; to make suitable; to match; to fit
pioneer
adapt
move
revise
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Meaning of "right down"

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
'It's no small wonder' vs 'It's no wonder' | How can a business use a data processing center?
listening exercises
Meaning of "right down" #1 (permalink) Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:44 am   Meaning of "right down"

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #437 "English Slang Idioms (176)", question 6

"I thought we would start figuring out our options by ......... for five minutes. Once that is complete, we will look through the list of ideas we have come up with and talk about the pros and cons of each. So what I need you to do is right down anything that comes to mind and don't stop to think whether it is a good idea or not. We will critique the ideas after the five minutes," Janice told the team.

(a) brainstorming
(b) drawing
(c) painting
(d) debating

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #437 "English Slang Idioms (176)", answer 6

"I thought we would start figuring out our options by brainstorming for five minutes. Once that is complete, we will look through the list of ideas we have come up with and talk about the pros and cons of each. So what I need you to do is right down anything that comes to mind and don't stop to think whether it is a good idea or not. We will critique the ideas after the five minutes," Janice told the team.

Correct answer: (a) brainstorming

Your answer was: correct

Hi,

I am not sure about what the meaning of right down is in this sentence--"what I need you to do is right down anything that comes to mind". I have looked up the dictionary and found that "right down" is used as an adjective or adverb.
Zishuli
You can meet me at english-test.net

Meaning of "right down" #2 (permalink) Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:51 am   Meaning of "right down"

Hello Zishuli,

Presumably the intended word was "write" and not "right". :wink:
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Meaning of "right down" #3 (permalink) Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:24 am   Meaning of "right down"

Esl_Expert wrote:
Hello Zishuli,

Presumably the intended word was "write" and not "right". :wink:

:D My presumption was as good as yours.
Zishuli
You can meet me at english-test.net

'It's no small wonder' vs 'It's no wonder' | How can a business use a data processing center?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
expressionsn vs conditionsExpression: 'To make up one's mind'Expression 'to take (something) into consideration'Example with "call it a day"daresay, not "dare say"Difference between "boarding gate" and "check-in counter"What does 'stick to your guns' mean?Give me a hand means help me?"grap bag" vs "grab bag"continue vs stopIf you write 'had checked' on something versus just 'checked' on something...What is a 'janitor'?Going to quit working on the new project. vs Disagreeing about the new project.