course or method of action; guidelines; position; standpoint; insurance contract
caveat
policy
destruction
electrician

Difference between "boarding gate" and "check-in counter"

Example with "call it a day" | "grap bag" vs "grab bag"
Difference between "boarding gate" and "check-in counter" #1 (permalink) Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:46 am   Difference between "boarding gate" and "check-in counter"

ESL/EFL Test #158 "Airport and flight travel expressions", question 4

Passengers are advised to be at the ......... gate at least thirty minutes before the scheduled departure time of their flight.

(a) boarding
(b) ticket
(c) open
(d) arrival

ESL/EFL Test #158 "Airport and flight travel expressions", answer 4

Passengers are advised to be at the boarding gate at least thirty minutes before the scheduled departure time of their flight.

Correct answer: (a) boarding

_________________________

what's the difference between "boarding gate" and "check-in counter"?

Thanks!

Sol Argentina
Sol Argentina

Difference between "boarding gate" and "check-in counter" #2 (permalink) Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:51 am   Difference between "boarding gate" and "check-in counter"

.
The check-in counter is where you check in to the airline, buy or confirm your ticket, get your boarding pass, and check in your luggage. The boarding gate is where you show your boarding pass and get on the plane.
.
_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Why putting the key information at the beginning is the one fundamental principleCan we say 'at saturday night'?pounded or knocked?expressionsn vs conditionsExpression: 'To make up one's mind'Expression 'to take (something) into consideration'daresay, not "dare say"How can a business use a data processing center?Meaning of "right down"What does 'stick to your guns' mean?Give me a hand means help me?'It's no small wonder' vs 'It's no wonder'completely vs usually; quickly