Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to place in particular situations
corrupt
circumstance
traffic
reschedule
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Expression 'to take (something) into consideration'

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
completely vs usually; quickly | Expression: 'To make up one's mind'
listening exercises
Expression 'to take (something) into consideration' #1 (permalink) Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:20 am   Expression 'to take (something) into consideration'

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #711 "Real Life: Making Decisions", question 4

I made a suggestion to the board last week. They said they would take into ......... and get back to me later this month.

(a) mind
(b) issue
(c) say
(d) consideration

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #711 "Real Life: Making Decisions", answer 4

I made a suggestion to the board last week. They said they would take into consideration and get back to me later this month.

Correct answer: (d) consideration

Give me the explanation about ten question above

Limana
Limana

Expression 'to take (something) into consideration' #2 (permalink) Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:43 am   Expression 'to take (something) into consideration'

The correct expression is 'to take (something) into consideration', which means 'to consider'. However, there is a small typological error in this sentence which its writer will soon fix. It should read 'take it into....

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
completely vs usually; quickly | Expression: 'To make up one's mind'
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Why putting the key information at the beginning is the one fundamental principleCan we say 'at saturday night'?pounded or knocked?expressionsn vs conditionsExample with "call it a day"daresay, not "dare say"How can a business use a data processing center?Difference between "boarding gate" and "check-in counter"Meaning of "right down"What does 'stick to your guns' mean?Give me a hand means help me?'It's no small wonder' vs 'It's no wonder'"grap bag" vs "grab bag"