connection; attachment
affiliation
associate
trial
temper

Principal vs principle

Press is not the establishment but the actual machine that does the printing | how come can use "to seeing"?
Principal vs principle #1 (permalink) Mon Mar 09, 2009 16:08 pm   Principal vs principle

ESL/EFL Test #578 "Real Life: Banking (3)", question 4

The ......... amount on a loan is the original amount that was borrowed. Interest rates are calculated from this original debt amount.

(a) principle
(b) pension
(c) zero
(d) possession

ESL/EFL Test #578 "Real Life: Banking (3)", answer 4

The principle amount on a loan is the original amount that was borrowed. Interest rates are calculated from this original debt amount.

Correct answer: (a) principle

_________________________

"Principal" is the right spelling here.
Purpleborzoi

Principal vs principle #2 (permalink) Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:13 am   Principal vs principle

Yes, you're right. That's an oversight and we'll correct it right away.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
It sounds a bit stange for me: 'Are you having...'What does prowling mean?Expression: a special language for childrenPhrase: Passengers are required to produce appropriatewhat does announcement of performance mean?'The instructor ordered him' vs 'The instructor order him'The construction is clumsy: 'Quite wired' is not a correct joining of these wordsMeaning of "Decompression sickness manifests"difference between pirates and smugglersIndustry-specific is a compound noun or different grammatical structure?Whats the meaning of open-door?quantities vs statisticswhat is phrasal verbs?