statement; proclamation; announcement
level
declaration
sink
check

Meaning of "Decompression sickness manifests"

difference between pirates and smugglers | 'The instructor ordered him' vs 'The instructor order him'
Meaning of "Decompression sickness manifests" #1 (permalink) Tue Mar 10, 2009 0:09 am   Meaning of "Decompression sickness manifests"

ESL/EFL Test #172 "Reflexive and intensive pronouns", question 5

Decompression sickness manifests ......... with joint pain and can be fatal.

(a) myself
(b) herself
(c) itself
(d) himself

ESL/EFL Test #172 "Reflexive and intensive pronouns", answer 5

Decompression sickness manifests itself with joint pain and can be fatal.

Correct answer: (c) itself
_________________________

what means decompression, sickness and manifests. I need some information about that or some explication.

Kreta
Kreta

Meaning of "Decompression sickness manifests" #2 (permalink) Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:11 am   Meaning of "Decompression sickness manifests"

Decompression, is the action of coming to the surface after having been deep-diving. Decompression has to be controlled when rising to the surface to allow air in the lungs to normalise according to the depth and rate of ascent. Deep-sea divers often spend a considerable amount of time decompressing on the way back to the surface after a deep dive. Persons who ignore these rules suffer from symptoms which are called " the bends .

Manifest here means how the person appears and feels. He can vomit and feel severe pains in his joints- It can be fatal, and often is.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What does prowling mean?Expression: a special language for childrenwhat does announcement of performance mean?how come can use "to seeing"?The construction is clumsy: 'Quite wired' is not a correct joining of these wordsPress is not the establishment but the actual machine that does the printingPrincipal vs principleWhats the meaning of open-door?quantities vs statisticswhat is phrasal verbs?what is the antonym of the word petition?What is the difference between overlook and overtake?Where I can use "full, open, whole, complete... heartedly"?