Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

violent twist; violent ripping; tool for gripping or turning bolts
duplicate
personnel
fold
wrench
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What does prowling mean?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Preferable vs. preferred | The construction is clumsy: 'Quite wired' is not a correct joining of these words
listening exercises
What does prowling mean? #1 (permalink) Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:19 pm   What does prowling mean?

Synonym Search, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #110 "Synonyms for wander", question 3

Be careful when you go to the forest, because there are wolves ......... all over for prey.

(a) walking
(b) going
(c) striding
(d) prowling

Synonym Search, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #110 "Synonyms for wander", answer 3

Be careful when you go to the forest, because there are wolves prowling all over for prey.

Correct answer: (d) prowling

what does prowling means?

Prodig
Prodig

What does prowling mean? #2 (permalink) Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:24 pm   What does prowling mean?

Prowling -- To roam through stealthily, as in search of prey or plunder

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Preferable vs. preferred | The construction is clumsy: 'Quite wired' is not a correct joining of these words
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
literally vs accuratelyIt sounds a bit stange for me: 'Are you having...'Expression: a special language for childrenPhrase: Passengers are required to produce appropriatewhat does announcement of performance mean?how come can use "to seeing"?'The instructor ordered him' vs 'The instructor order him'Meaning of "Decompression sickness manifests"Press is not the establishment but the actual machine that does the printingPrincipal vs principledifference between pirates and smugglersIndustry-specific is a compound noun or different grammatical structure?What does 'a good point' mean?