Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

increase in the supply of money in relation to the amount of goods available resulting in a rise in prices
applicant
caveat
director
inflation
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

'deli section' vs 'produce section'

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What does "as good as" mean? | Phrase: Most banks do not mind lending money
listening exercises
'deli section' vs 'produce section' #1 (permalink) Thu Mar 12, 2009 14:32 pm   'deli section' vs 'produce section'

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #121 "Real Life: Grocery Stores (1)", question 8

Cold cuts and sandwich meats are commonly found in the ......... section of grocery stores or supermarkets.

(a) deli
(b) produce
(c) dairy
(d) seafood

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #121 "Real Life: Grocery Stores (1)", answer 8

Cold cuts and sandwich meats are commonly found in the deli section of grocery stores or supermarkets.

Correct answer: (a) deli

Your answer was: incorrect
Cold cuts and sandwich meats are commonly found in the produce section of grocery stores or supermarkets.

what 's the meaning of Deli? Hi i myself maria from sharjah .I'm working in a school. I feel very hestiated to talk in english as our mother tongue is malayalam and hindi
Maria from Sharjah

'deli section' vs 'produce section' #2 (permalink) Thu Mar 12, 2009 18:46 pm   'deli section' vs 'produce section'

Cold cuts and sandwich meats are ready-to-eat foods -- deli. I just learnt that :)

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
'deli section' vs 'produce section' #3 (permalink) Mon Mar 16, 2009 17:17 pm   'deli section' vs 'produce section'

Gray is right and here is more information for you. The word "deli" comes from the word "delicatessen." In the United States, a deli department sells sandwiches, processed meats like cold cuts (sliced roast beef, turkey, pastrami etc.) and other prepared items like salads and olives that are priced by weight.
I'm here quite often ;-)
Linda Arlia

What does "as good as" mean? | Phrase: Most banks do not mind lending money
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Expression "share the bill"Expression "he eats like a horse"Meaning of binding as related to English grammarExpression "talk or chat"Meaning of SEOWhat is the meaning of "sci-fi"?single vs. lonelyWhat is the meaning of chives?Making mistakes when writing?literally vs accuratelyWhat does 'a good point' mean?error vs misunderstanding vs fault vs slip'any tea' vs 'some tea'