part of a television or computer monitor where the picture is displayed
screen
consignment
sweater
moral

Difference between 'if', 'as' and 'because'

Use 'just': for exemple: Just him and me? | I would like to know if we leave 'what' any longer?
Difference between 'if', 'as' and 'because' #1 (permalink) Thu Jun 23, 2005 20:07 pm   Difference between 'if', 'as' and 'because'

Test No. incompl/elem-11 "Conditionals", question 2

......... I bought you a new car, would you be very happy?

(a) When
(b) If
(c) As

Test No. incompl/elem-11 "Conditionals", answer 2

If I bought you a new car, would you be very happy?

Correct answer: (b) If
_________________________

Which is the diference between when if and as

Difference between 'if', 'as' and 'because' #2 (permalink) Thu Jun 23, 2005 21:23 pm   Difference between 'if', 'as' and 'because'

If introduces a conditional sentence as often means because.
_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Difference between 'if', 'as' and 'because' #3 (permalink) Mon Sep 21, 2009 15:45 pm   Difference between 'if', 'as' and 'because'

I want to comment on this sentence because I think the correct sentence should be "If I will buy you a new car, would you be very happy?" The possibility of buying is still conditional. It can possibly happen in the future. Please correct me if I am wrong. :?
Mariz Ester

Location: Philippines

Difference between 'if', 'as' and 'because' #4 (permalink) Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:24 am   Difference between 'if', 'as' and 'because'

Hey Mariz I think if I bought is perfectly right for this stuation to me if I will talks about something will happen in future.If I bought is past continuas.
Luzukonow

sentence problem #5 (permalink) Thu Dec 01, 2011 19:18 pm   sentence problem

I think the problem is with the way the whole sentence flows. It should be phrased like this, "If I bought you a new car, would it make you happy". This reads better than the example.
Mars4875

skip it-omit it?try on vs. try outMeaning of "To make headway"How to use prepositions of time?"I'm sure we'll make it" vs "I'm sure we'll take it"What does "well back" mean?fair judgement vs. fair trialMeaning of phrasal verb "to wrap up"I just can't get across to her vs. get through to herAt midnight VERSUS on midnightTime prepositions (on/in/at)Why I can't use IN?Meaning of arrogant