to transport via locomotive; to convey by train
railroad
believe
thread
absorb

What is the meaning of "sci-fi"?

single vs. lonely | Meaning of SEO
What is the meaning of "sci-fi"? #1 (permalink) Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:09 am   What is the meaning of "sci-fi"?

ESL/EFL Test #580 "Real Life: Watching Movies (2)", question 1

I want to go to a movie tonight but I don't want to see any a drama. I want to see a ......... movie so I can laugh my worries away.

(a) horror
(b) hilarious
(c) sci-fi

ESL/EFL Test #580 "Real Life: Watching Movies (2)", answer 1

I want to go to a movie tonight but I don't want to see any a drama. I want to see a hilarious movie so I can laugh my worries away.

Correct answer: (b) hilarious
_________________________

What is the meaning of (sci-fi)?

Kerman
Kerman

What is the meaning of "sci-fi"? #2 (permalink) Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:13 am   What is the meaning of "sci-fi"?

'Sci-fi' means science fiction - stories set in the future often about space travel and time travel where the characters live on different planets.

_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
single vs. lonely | Meaning of SEO
What is Chris in fact?Expression "share the bill"Expression "he eats like a horse"What does mocha mean?Meaning of binding as related to English grammarExpression "talk or chat"What is the meaning of chives?Making mistakes when writing?'deli section' vs 'produce section''He goes to English classes' vs 'He goes for English classes'error vs misunderstanding vs fault vs slip'any tea' vs 'some tea'What does "as good as" mean?