refined; cultured; complex; intricate; complicated
special
part
sophisticated
advance

What does "lips me off" mean?

Why not to say "milk and cookies"? | What is exactly the meaning of nose?
What does "lips me off" mean? #1 (permalink) Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:34 am   What does "lips me off" mean?

ESL/EFL Test #721 "Real Life: Using Body Parts as Verbs (1)", question 2

I hate when my son ......... me off. I really don't like it when children talk back to their parents and my son is no exception.

(a) faces
(b) lips
(c) necks
(d) arms

ESL/EFL Test #721 "Real Life: Using Body Parts as Verbs (1)", answer 2

I hate when my son lips me off. I really don't like it when children talk back to their parents and my son is no exception.

Correct answer: (b) lips

I hate when my son faces me off. I really don't like it when children talk back to their parents and my son is no exception.
_________________________

What does lips me off means here?
Frank Stern

Location: Mexico

What does "lips me off" mean? #2 (permalink) Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:23 am   What does "lips me off" mean?

.
Talks back.
.
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Usage of considerIs the sentence Books are food for the brain a idiom?producing delightful aftertaste?How can I realize if the question is right?Use the term 'going chalk' to describe a person who picks all of...Meaning of "To strong arm"What does "thumbs" mean?Sentence: This term refers to subjects that are of importance...meaning of "bring over"Difference between "delivery person" and "mail carrier"'Brought' and 'bought' would not be correctwhat is tradesmen?Where did buck naked originate?