Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

show; presentation; execution; act; deed
performance
appeal
will
last
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

producing delightful aftertaste?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Use the term 'going chalk' to describe a person who picks all of... | Why who's in the sentences: Who's the highest...
listening exercises
producing delightful aftertaste? #1 (permalink) Tue Mar 24, 2009 21:23 pm   producing delightful aftertaste?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #155 "Compound words: 'aftermath', 'afterthought', 'afterbirth'", question 6

The fruity tones of this mild, balanced brew produce a delightful ..........

(a) afterthought
(b) afternoon
(c) aftertaste
(d) afterlife

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #155 "Compound words: 'aftermath', 'afterthought', 'afterbirth'", answer 6

The fruity tones of this mild, balanced brew produce a delightful aftertaste.

Correct answer: (c) aftertaste

Your answer was: correct

I didn't quite understand this sentence,could you explain it please.
thank you verry much for your help.
Licha
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

producing delightful aftertaste? #2 (permalink) Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:24 am   producing delightful aftertaste?

Good morning Licha, it means that after drinking the tea, it leaves a nice taste in your mouth, long after you have finished drinking it.

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Use the term 'going chalk' to describe a person who picks all of... | Why who's in the sentences: Who's the highest...
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
What does "ties" mean?'look after'/'look out for' have a close meaning. Why the former cannot be used?Bacon and ...?What is the difference between "initiative" and "initial"?Usage of considerIs the sentence Books are food for the brain a idiom?How can I realize if the question is right?Why not to say "milk and cookies"?What does "lips me off" mean?Meaning of "To strong arm"What does "thumbs" mean?What is exactly the meaning of nose?Sentence: This term refers to subjects that are of importance...