Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to add a footnote; to place a note that directs readers to another source of information (in a book, journal, etc.)
reference
grade
should
perceive
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Stop using ( i ) when referring to yourself.

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
'making money' vs 'doing money' | Meaning of the noun curve
listening exercises
Stop using ( i ) when referring to yourself. #1 (permalink) Sat Mar 28, 2009 21:50 pm   Stop using ( i ) when referring to yourself.

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #521 "English Slang Idioms (263)", question 1

"Doug is too much of a .........-man for my taste. I like guys who like to be guys and hang around with guys doing guy-like things. I like guys who like fast cars, fishing, hunting, construction, etc. He doesn't like any of those things," Jacob told Lane when Lane asked if he and his brother were close.

(a) female
(b) gender
(c) girly
(d) lady's

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #521 "English Slang Idioms (263)", answer 1

"Doug is too much of a lady's-man for my taste. I like guys who like to be guys and hang around with guys doing guy-like things. I like guys who like fast cars, fishing, hunting, construction, etc. He doesn't like any of those things," Jacob told Lane when Lane asked if he and his brother were close.

Correct answer: (d) lady's

i wants to inprover my English in furture.
Becasue i live in England so i really need to practicals and grammarctially skills

would you pease help?
to how to inprover English in furture
Remar
Remar

Stop using ( i ) when referring to yourself. #2 (permalink) Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:37 am   Stop using ( i ) when referring to yourself.

EL, you are improving, simply by being here.

An immediate improvement would be to stop using ( i ) when referring to yourself.

( I ) I is the correct personal pronoun to use.

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
'making money' vs 'doing money' | Meaning of the noun curve
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
signing on behalf of someone else... "in lieu of" or "per"what is FOB?I'm the lightest?What does "just short of amazing" mean?exact vs. exactlyWhat does "ties" mean?'look after'/'look out for' have a close meaning. Why the former cannot be used?Bacon and ...?What is the difference between "initiative" and "initial"?Usage of considerIs the sentence Books are food for the brain a idiom?Idiom: I hear what you are sayingDifference between announcement and statement