Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

small retail store; studio; business; office; outlet
handling
code
file
shop
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

signing on behalf of someone else... "in lieu of" or "per"

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
what is FOB? | Difference between announcement and statement
listening exercises
signing on behalf of someone else... "in lieu of" or "per" #1 (permalink) Mon Mar 30, 2009 15:50 pm   signing on behalf of someone else... "in lieu of" or "per"

Business English Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #310 "Science and marketing (1)", question 4

In one respect, it prompts a critical question regarding conventional science journalism, marked by a lack of distinction ......... science popularization: does this kind of science writing in fact differ significantly from marketing practices?

(a) in lieu of
(b) per se
(c) versus
(d) vis-vis

Business English Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #310 "Science and marketing (1)", answer 4

In one respect, it prompts a critical question regarding conventional science journalism, marked by a lack of distinction vis-vis science popularization: does this kind of science writing in fact differ significantly from marketing practices?

Correct answer: (d) vis-vis

Which form is the correct form to use when signing on behalf of someone else..."in lieu of" or "per"?

qwery
qwery

signing on behalf of someone else... "in lieu of" or "per" #2 (permalink) Mon Mar 30, 2009 23:00 pm   signing on behalf of someone else... "in lieu of" or "per"

pp

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
what is FOB? | Difference between announcement and statement
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
He doesn't live her anymore?What does 'cold turkey' mean?What is the meaning of 'Bought in'?'opposite to the bread' vs 'opposite the bread'Sentences with the word 'chariot'?I'm the lightest?What does "just short of amazing" mean?exact vs. exactlyWhat does "ties" mean?Stop using ( i ) when referring to yourself.'making money' vs 'doing money'Idiom: I hear what you are sayingmeaning of gross