honest; sincere; straightforward; open; candid
subsidiary
gifted
swift
frank

Difference between snowflakes, hailstones and icicles?

Usage of air conditioners | What is the difference between before and in front of?
Difference between snowflakes, hailstones and icicles? #1 (permalink) Tue Apr 07, 2009 13:11 pm   Difference between snowflakes, hailstones and icicles?

ESL/EFL Test #117 "Weather Test (4)", question 9

......... fall from the sky in the winter months. Each one is unique, beautiful and intricately designed by Mother Nature.

(a) Hailstones
(b) Icicles
(c) Snowflakes

ESL/EFL Test #117 "Weather Test (4)", answer 9

Snowflakes fall from the sky in the winter months. Each one is unique, beautiful and intricately designed by Mother Nature.

Correct answer: (c) Snowflakes

_________________________

what are the differences between these words snowflakes ,hailstones and icicles?
I live in Egypt and we have no snow or icicles but I hope to know them in detail
sasooo
Sasooo

Difference between snowflakes, hailstones and icicles? #2 (permalink) Tue Apr 07, 2009 16:14 pm   Difference between snowflakes, hailstones and icicles?

Snowflakes are crystallised water in the shape of flakes, and can be very beautiful when seen under a microscope.

Hailstones are frozen droplets, and can be quite large.

Icicles are lengths of frozen suspended water, which hang from surfaces.
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Difference between snowflakes, hailstones and icicles? #3 (permalink) Fri Dec 25, 2009 20:16 pm   Difference between snowflakes, hailstones and icicles?

Hi Teachers

Is there any difference in connotation between intricate and sophisticated:
An intricate/ a sophisticated system/design/pattern etc.

Ali
Aliraf62

Location: Sweden

decay vs. rot"Earlier XYZ&Co." or "Formerly XYZ&Co."Why doesn't the answer "do dancing"?It could be "I think I just want to stay at home this weekend"?Could we say "It comes between February and December"?Could we say "His birthday is on the next Saturday?"Could we say 'Store Clerk: Sure. If I order some more today, they should have...'Warmest season vs. hottest seasonWhat does Landmarks mean?You can't miss it because it is enormous. vs You can't avoid it because it is...haven't forgotten -- present perfectWhy 'death and taxes'? Would like to know the origin of the phrase.'member of the gym' vs 'member by the gym'