to classify; to categorize; to systematize; to structure
achieve
assort
cruise
copy

What is the fuction of infinitive located behind intransitive verb?

When I should use "that" or "which"? | Remain unchanged OR Remained unchanged OR Remain to be changed
What is the fuction of infinitive located behind intransitive verb? #1 (permalink) Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:12 am   What is the fuction of infinitive located behind intransitive verb?

I know that there is no objective after intransitive verb, but I am confused that why infinitive can be located behind intransitive verb? For example, yearn to do sth, long to do sth,etc. Need you help. Thank u
Mangcang88

Infinitives #2 (permalink) Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:17 am   Infinitives

Infinitives can perform the functions of many parts of speech. In your examples, I'd say that the infinitives are used as adverbs to express reason or purpose.
Jlupine

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Phrase "On your day, I am missing you again"Phrase: compromise and set menuFinding subject : Some confusion.Difference between narrative and discriptiveUsage of percentile (The average GPA of accepted applicants generally falls...)Singular and plural: Twenty galons of water is a lot of to carry...Adjective is associated with -ed or with -ingHow can we improve our English as fast as possible?above-mentioned OR mentioned-aboveover/on the phoneGo to the phone shop and get easyload of Ufone for 300 rupeesHow to read a model name has a hyphen in it?Meaning of exciting