to instruct; to teach; to scold; to reprove; to rebuke
browse
merge
experience
lesson

What is reference group influence?

Is the word "screw up" a phrasal verb? | Meaning of pulling off, pulling out, pulling through and pulling in
What is reference group influence? #1 (permalink) Thu Apr 09, 2009 17:47 pm   What is reference group influence?

ESL/EFL Test #313 "Group influences on the consumer", question 1

Dr. Lars Perner of the Marshall School of Business reminds us that humans are ......... social animals, and individuals greatly influence each other.

(a) incorrigibly
(b) incredulously
(c) inevitably
(d) inherently

ESL/EFL Test #313 "Group influences on the consumer", answer 1

Dr. Lars Perner of the Marshall School of Business reminds us that humans are inherently social animals, and individuals greatly influence each other.

Correct answer: (d) inherently
_________________________

can you explan reference group influence ?
what is it ?

Marti
Marti

What is reference group influence? #2 (permalink) Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:01 am   What is reference group influence?

.
From an on-line marketing dictionary:

Reference group

1. (consumer behavior definition) A reference group is one that the individual tends to use as the anchor point for evaluating his/her own beliefs and attitudes. One may or may not be a member and may or may not aspire to membership in a reference group; nevertheless, it can have great influence on one's values, opinions, attitudes, and behavior patterns. A reference group may be positive; that is, the individual patterns his or her own beliefs and behavior to be congruent with those of the group. Or, it may be negative. A negative reference group is just as influential. The church, labor union, political party, or sorority are examples of both positive and negative reference groups for specific individuals. It also is a term coined by Herbert Hyman to designate a group that an individual uses as a "point of reference" in determining his or her own judgments, preferences, beliefs, and behavior. The size of a reference group can be a single individual (although perhaps in this case the term group should not be used) to a very large aggregate of persons such as a political party or religious institution.

2. (consumer behavior definition) The people who serve as a point of reference and who influence an individual's affective responses, cognitions, and behavior.
.
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What is a supporting actor?I went for a tour vs. I went on a tour?What does the phrasal verb 'take down' mean?What does "starred" mean?Difference between less and few?describing vs descriptionDifference between voice and sound?Meaning of extensionIdiom 'grin and bear it'What does spun mean?What does 'to be sore on Monday' mean?why do we use sets?Pick out vs. pick in?