amount of money received in payment for goods or services or from other sources; revenue; profits
income
rent
method
implementation

Meaning of pulling off, pulling out, pulling through and pulling in

What is reference group influence? | Meaning of extension
Meaning of pulling off, pulling out, pulling through and pulling in #1 (permalink) Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:41 am   Meaning of pulling off, pulling out, pulling through and pulling in

ESL/EFL Test #162 "Phrasal idioms with the verb 'pull'", question 5

President Bush said last Saturday that ......... of Iraq now is not an option and rejected calls by some lawmakers to start bringing U.S. troops home.

(a) pulling off
(b) pulling out
(c) pulling through
(d) pulling in

ESL/EFL Test #162 "Phrasal idioms with the verb 'pull'", answer 5

President Bush said last Saturday that pulling out of Iraq now is not an option and rejected calls by some lawmakers to start bringing U.S. troops home.

Correct answer: (b) pulling out
_________________________

what is the meaning of pulling off, pulling out, pulling through and pulling in?

Magdalena R. Noblejas
Magdalena R. Noblejas

Meaning of pulling off, pulling out, pulling through and pulling in #2 (permalink) Fri Apr 10, 2009 14:58 pm   Meaning of pulling off, pulling out, pulling through and pulling in

.
The distractors (false answers) to our quizzes do not necessarily carry any meaning and/or are not necessarily natural English; only the right answer may be idiomatic.

pulling off (of) -- remove something from atop something else; this is not a phrasal verb.
pulling out (of)-- remove military troops from
pulling through (of)-- no meaning; does not collocate
pulling in (of)-- no meaning; does not collocate
.
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
She is in Paris and previously she never had been gone to Paris.What is a supporting actor?I went for a tour vs. I went on a tour?What does the phrasal verb 'take down' mean?What does "starred" mean?Difference between less and few?describing vs descriptionDifference between voice and sound?Idiom 'grin and bear it'Is the word "screw up" a phrasal verb?What does spun mean?What does 'to be sore on Monday' mean?why do we use sets?