Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

done without waste (of time, resources, etc.)
waste
expert
stationary
efficient
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

above-mentioned OR mentioned-above

ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
"Bottom of my feet" or "Bottoms of my feet"? | Finding subject : Some confusion.
listening exercises
above-mentioned OR mentioned-above #1 (permalink) Sat Apr 11, 2009 13:37 pm   above-mentioned OR mentioned-above

My dear and respected teachers,
1: "above-mentioned OR mentioned-above" which one is correct?
2: "First I'll scold him then I'll scald him." correct?
3: "Tomorrow I'll be online at 11:00 p.m. according to Pakistan time." correct?
Twilit1988
I'm here quite often ;-)

above-mentioned OR mentioned-above #2 (permalink) Sat Apr 11, 2009 15:17 pm   above-mentioned OR mentioned-above

Hi,

(1) The above-mentioned' is correct.
(2) 'Scold' is 'tell someone off, 'scald' is 'burn with heat from steam or boiling water'.
(3) Yes, that's all right.

Alan
Co-founder
Alan Townend

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
above-mentioned OR mentioned-above #3 (permalink) Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:07 am   above-mentioned OR mentioned-above

Thanks Alan
Twilit1988
I'm here quite often ;-)

"Bottom of my feet" or "Bottoms of my feet"? | Finding subject : Some confusion.
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
'of Europe' vs 'from Europe'Phrase "On your day, I am missing you again"Phrase: compromise and set menuDifference between narrative and discriptiveWhy can I help you in English? Does it make sense?Remain unchanged OR Remained unchanged OR Remain to be changedUsage of percentile (The average GPA of accepted applicants generally falls...)Singular and plural: Twenty galons of water is a lot of to carry...When I should use "that" or "which"?Adjective is associated with -ed or with -ingHow can we improve our English as fast as possible?Usage of the word "know"over/on the phone