lively; bright; dazzling; clear; graphic
immediately
expert
vivid
unjudged

Usage of percentile (The average GPA of accepted applicants generally falls...)

Singular and plural: Twenty galons of water is a lot of to carry... | When I should use "that" or "which"?
Usage of percentile (The average GPA of accepted applicants generally falls...) #1 (permalink) Sat Apr 11, 2009 22:11 pm   Usage of percentile (The average GPA of accepted applicants generally falls...)

"The average GPA of accepted applicants generally falls within the upper tenth percentile."

Does it mean that the university accept the highest GPA grades?? or am I wrong. I hope????

thank in advance.
Mrxkms

percentile #2 (permalink) Sat Apr 11, 2009 23:49 pm   percentile

Yes. The highest 10%.
_________________
conĚtext - The part of a text or statement that surrounds a particular word or passage and determines its meaning.
Milanya

Location: Texas, USA (at present)

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Phrase "On your day, I am missing you again"Phrase: compromise and set menuFinding subject : Some confusion.Remain unchanged OR Remained unchanged OR Remain to be changedAdjective is associated with -ed or with -ingabove-mentioned OR mentioned-aboveover/on the phoneGo to the phone shop and get easyload of Ufone for 300 rupeesHow to read a model name has a hyphen in it?Meaning of excitingSentence: If this PC gets off once It will not get on again.Prepositions of place: (I live at 21 White Street)Usage of despite and although