to pave the way; to create a path; to guide; to initiate; to originate
lock
firm
pioneer
pounce

Phrase: compromise and set menu

Phrase "On your day, I am missing you again" | Difference between narrative and discriptive
Phrase: compromise and set menu #1 (permalink) Sun Apr 12, 2009 16:45 pm   Phrase: compromise and set menu

There was a great discussion about which particular type of cuisine the guests would choose and finally they reached a compromise and settled on the set menu.

compromise and set menu...............Meaning please
Ganesh

compromise and set menu. #2 (permalink) Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:00 am   compromise and set menu.

To compromise ... initially all of the diners made different choices as to what they wanted to eat. For some reason, for example, it would cost more money than they collectively had,they changed their minds.

So, they reached a compromise, and decided on the set menu, which is a standard menu set out by the restaurant, and is usually very good value for the price quoted.
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Induction: Thank you for your interest in this job in order to complete your...she has built or she built?argentinean or argentine'of Europe' vs 'from Europe'I don't know what to say to my baby as I want to explain what I'm doing?Finding subject : Some confusion.You shouldn't bring/press/prefer false charges against a chaste womanWhy can I help you in English? Does it make sense?Remain unchanged OR Remained unchanged OR Remain to be changedUsage of percentile (The average GPA of accepted applicants generally falls...)When I should use "that" or "which"?Adjective is associated with -ed or with -ingHow can we improve our English as fast as possible?