flat surface at the bottom of the room on which you walk; story; level of a building
floor
departure
contemporary
stem

describing vs description

Meaning of extension | What does "starred" mean?
describing vs description #1 (permalink) Sun Apr 12, 2009 16:48 pm   describing vs description

ESL/EFL Test #51 "Cinemas", question 10

Very often someone will give a ......... of a film and when you see it for yourself, it's quite different.

(a) describing
(b) describes
(c) described
(d) description

ESL/EFL Test #51 "Cinemas", answer 10

Very often someone will give a description of a film and when you see it for yourself, it's quite different.

Correct answer: (d) description
_________________________

hi! in the question 10 why is describing not description? What does this describing mean?

Siamm
Siamm

describing vs description #2 (permalink) Sun Apr 12, 2009 20:15 pm   describing vs description

The answer is description, not describing.

Description is the noun form, describing is the verb form.

If you describe (or are describing something), you are giving a description.
_________________
Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow.
***
Did you hear they arrested the Energizer Bunny on battery charges?
***
Skrej

Location: Not-quite exact central USA

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
What does 'walking on air' mean?"at free of cost" vs "at no cost"She is in Paris and previously she never had been gone to Paris.What is a supporting actor?I went for a tour vs. I went on a tour?What does the phrasal verb 'take down' mean?Difference between less and few?Difference between voice and sound?Meaning of pulling off, pulling out, pulling through and pulling inIdiom 'grin and bear it'Is the word "screw up" a phrasal verb?What is reference group influence?What does spun mean?