company that is owned or controlled by another company
subsidiary
revenue
instruction
recruitment

What does the phrasal verb 'take down' mean?

idiom: 'the birds and the bees' | What is a supporting actor?
What does the phrasal verb 'take down' mean? #1 (permalink) Tue Apr 14, 2009 0:39 am   What does the phrasal verb 'take down' mean?

ESL/EFL Test #200 "Phrasal Verbs (T to W)", question 1

Kevin ......... all of the information and then gave the note to his wife so she could put it into a computer file.

(a) took on
(b) took down
(c) took over

ESL/EFL Test #200 "Phrasal Verbs (T to W)", answer 1

Kevin took down all of the information and then gave the note to his wife so she could put it into a computer file.

Correct answer: (b) took down
_________________________

What is the pharse of 3 W on a T
ToOky

What does the phrasal verb 'take down' mean? #2 (permalink) Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:05 am   What does the phrasal verb 'take down' mean?

.
'3 wheels on a tricycle'. Part of an old Mensa test, I judge from the googling results.
.
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
What does the phrasal verb 'take down' mean? #3 (permalink) Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:55 am   What does the phrasal verb 'take down' mean?

(b) took down

He made a note of the information.
_________________

Can we say a little particle of luck?Sentence: When you first meet someone, you usually shake their hand.Expression: "to nail down"What does 'the movie was set in' mean?What is the meaning of Dalal Street?What does 'walking on air' mean?"at free of cost" vs "at no cost"She is in Paris and previously she never had been gone to Paris.I went for a tour vs. I went on a tour?What does "starred" mean?Difference between less and few?describing vs descriptionDifference between voice and sound?