smoothly; continuously; inconspicuously
systematically
behind
though
seamlessly

"at free of cost" vs "at no cost"

She is in Paris and previously she never had been gone to Paris. | What does 'walking on air' mean?
"at free of cost" vs "at no cost" #1 (permalink) Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:17 pm   "at free of cost" vs "at no cost"

English Idioms and Expressions, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #4 "For Good", question 3

They're very generous in that museum -- not only is the entrance fee reasonable but they give you a brochure for free.

(a) at no cost
(b) at little cost
(c) at some cost
(d) at low cost

ESL/EFL Test #4 "For Good", answer 3

They're very generous in that museum -- not only is the entrance fee reasonable but they give you a brochure at no cost.

Correct answer: (a) at no cost
_________________________

Since they have got entry voucher in concession rate but also they can enjoy rides (or any thing else) at free of cost.

Naveen Duggal
Naveen Duggal

"at free of cost" vs "at no cost" #2 (permalink) Wed Apr 15, 2009 14:55 pm   "at free of cost" vs "at no cost"

The standard expression suggesting that the entrance fee is free is 'at no cost' or you could say 'free of charge'. 'Free of cost' is not a standard expression.

_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
What are indoor slippers?What does "various places" mean?what does 'giving me the right hump' mean?Can we say a little particle of luck?Sentence: When you first meet someone, you usually shake their hand.Expression: "to nail down"What does 'the movie was set in' mean?What is the meaning of Dalal Street?What is a supporting actor?I went for a tour vs. I went on a tour?What does the phrasal verb 'take down' mean?What does "starred" mean?Difference between less and few?