argument; dispute; discussion; conversation
enough
cart
debate
resume

What is the meaning of Dalal Street?

What does 'the movie was set in' mean? | Sentence: When you first meet someone, you usually shake their hand.
What is the meaning of Dalal Street? #1 (permalink) Thu Apr 16, 2009 13:41 pm   What is the meaning of Dalal Street?

ESL/EFL Test #247 "Business Buzzwords from Mumbai to Virginia", question 1

In Mumbai, the bullish phase in the stock markets has attracted a whole new breed of investors, including students and housewives; the latest to join the party on ......... Street are BPO employees.

(a) Dalal
(b) Easy
(c) Stock
(d) Wall

ESL/EFL Test #247 "Business Buzzwords from Mumbai to Virginia", answer 1

In Mumbai, the bullish phase in the stock markets has attracted a whole new breed of investors, including students and housewives; the latest to join the party on Dalal Street are BPO employees.

Correct answer: (a) Dalal
_________________________

Please could you explain what is the meaning of Dalal Street.
Marianne M.

What is the meaning of Dalal Street? #2 (permalink) Thu Apr 16, 2009 14:06 pm   What is the meaning of Dalal Street?

.
"A term that refers to the Bombay Stock Exchange, the major stock exchange in India. The street is home not only the Bombay Stock Exchange but also a large number of other financial institutions. The term "Dalal Street" is used in the same way as "Wall Street" in the U.S., referring to the country's major stock exchanges and overall financial system. These terms are often seen in the financial media."
.
_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What is the meaning of Dalal Street? #3 (permalink) Fri Apr 17, 2009 20:56 pm   What is the meaning of Dalal Street?

Many thanks for yor answer.
Marianne M.

What does 'for good' mean?What does helmets mean?What it means 'dim'?What does 'figure out' mean? Is it a phrasal verb?What are indoor slippers?What does "various places" mean?what does 'giving me the right hump' mean?Can we say a little particle of luck?Expression: "to nail down"What does 'walking on air' mean?"at free of cost" vs "at no cost"She is in Paris and previously she never had been gone to Paris.What is a supporting actor?