to gauge; to quantify; to assess; to evaluate; to estimate
measure
specialize
precede
earn

What does "various places" mean?

Can we say a little particle of luck? | what does 'giving me the right hump' mean?
What does "various places" mean? #1 (permalink) Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:05 am   What does "various places" mean?

ESL/EFL Test #126 "Real Life: Occupations (1)", question 8

Robert is a .......... He picks people up in his car and drives them to various places. He works in a busy city and he gets paid by running a meter in his car.

(a) truck driver
(b) security guard
(c) boxer
(d) taxi driver

ESL/EFL Test #126 "Real Life: Occupations (1)", answer 8

Robert is a taxi driver. He picks people up in his car and drives them to various places. He works in a busy city and he gets paid by running a meter in his car.

Correct answer: (d) taxi driver
_________________________

what does various mean?

Kisa
Kisa

What does "various places" mean? #2 (permalink) Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:21 am   What does "various places" mean?

Various means to a different place each time.

All over the city. Everywhere.
_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Usage of 'fill in for'Meaning of 'Cut down on'What does 'for good' mean?What does helmets mean?What it means 'dim'?What does 'figure out' mean? Is it a phrasal verb?What are indoor slippers?Sentence: When you first meet someone, you usually shake their hand.Expression: "to nail down"What does 'the movie was set in' mean?What is the meaning of Dalal Street?What does 'walking on air' mean?"at free of cost" vs "at no cost"